1. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 23:47
    Is it possible to find land owned by someone and the only information you have is their name and the province?
    It must be public record but how would I go about it?
    Treasure hunt πŸ˜‰
  2. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 00:36
    @nomorechess said
    Is it possible to find land owned by someone and the only information you have is their name and the province?
    Treasure hunt πŸ˜‰
    Your line of query reeks a bit of stalking. If so I will help you out.
  3. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 00:47
    LoL no it's about buried cash where the landowner died of an overdose and I could easily spend a summer digging holes. Is 30 acres a lot of land to search?
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 01:11
    @nomorechess said
    LoL no it's about buried cash where the landowner died of an overdose and I could easily spend a summer digging holes. Is 30 acres a lot of land to search?
    Not for somebody with no other purpose in life.
  5. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 01:14
    LoL that's me.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 03:34
    @nomorechess said
    Treasure hunt πŸ˜‰
    In years past I did deed research for many people.
    Where the government keeps deed records for the region would be the first step. Some gov entities restrict access to that info for many reasons.
    Thirty acres is a lot of land to dig up. Sixteen hundred feet by 1900 feet is bigger than it sounds.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:12
    @nomorechess said
    Treasure hunt πŸ˜‰
    What’s their name and what province? I have contacts in this administrative field and can help.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:23
    @divegeester said
    What’s their name and what province? I have contacts in this administrative field and can help.
    Are you trying to beat nomore to the buried cash?
  9. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:28
    @caissad4

Land deeds sounds like a good start.
    I imagine it was buried in some container that would have some metal on it so I'll be using a metal detector. Even a gym bag has a metal zipper so I'm confident I'll find it. Then using a grid pattern I'll systematically search the 30 acres.
    If that doesn't work I will have to drill down every square foot until I hit it which seems like a daunting task😞
  10. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:301 edit
    @divegeester
    Lmao oh ya? I would happily share it if I had some help but alas I don't know you or anyone willing to work a few months straight trying to find it.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:33
    @nomorechess said
    @caissad4

Land deeds sounds like a good start.
    I imagine it was buried in some container that would have some metal on it so I'll be using a metal detector. Even a gym bag has a metal zipper so I'm confident I'll find it. Then using a grid pattern I'll systematically search the 30 acres.
    If that doesn't work I will have to drill down every square foot until I hit it which seems like a daunting task😞
    Are you prepared for being arrested or shot for trespassing?
  12. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:37
    Yes I am.
  13. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:42
    @nomorechess said
    Not if you're a backhoe.
  14. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:44
    @divegeester said
    That's laugh out loud funny.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:19
    @nomorechess said
    @divegeester
    Lmao oh ya? I would happily share it if I had some help but alas I don't know you or anyone willing to work a few months straight trying to find it.
    Where’s the trust 😒

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree