First Nagasaki, now faction

First Nagasaki, now faction

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Jul 16
1 edit

I'll never learn proper English.

I'll remember last night after Nagasaki, no, after Turkey coup, no... after FACTION.

In the movie "Happy Birthday, Wanda June", a pilot colonel Looseleaf (*who dropped a-bomb or H-bomb on Nagasaki) says,
sitting at a bar:
"First Nagasaki, and then my mother-in-law" (*she died of fear when she saw him). Camera dolly then moves backwards, and we see that Looseleaf is sitting next to - a Japanese.

I looked at CNN for a moment yesterday to see what is going in in friendly neighbour Turkey and to check if my ex mother-in-law is in danger being in an all-inclusive resort (too late, God, I thought), and I saw a chyron (lower third) on which there stood-->
MILITARY FACTION ATTEMPTS.

I rushed to my computer to report that CNN is disorganized and that they made a typo, isn't it FRACTION?! And the host in the studio was interrupting everyone with "be careful, don't tell coup when we still don't know anything, what do you mean 'take over', military took over their rebels or take over the power?!?!?"

Fraction is a false friend with Serbian word for faction.
Fraction refers only to small parts in a laboratory for example . Faction also means the opposite of Fiction, but just as third meaning in the dictionary.

I fell in a deep depression. No only that my ex mother-in-law is probably alive and kicking in an all-inclusive Turkish resort, but I again embarrassed myself due my third grade English.

And then, I saw a glimpse of light at the other end of the tunnel:::

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/turkish-pro-coup-soldiers-surrender-on-istanbul-bridge-say-report-1432055
"Turkey pro-coup military fraction still fighting: statement"

This fraction of English speaking beggars that use fraction for faction is my only hope.

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by vandervelde

I'll remember last night after Nagasaki, no, after Turkey coup, no... after FACTION.

In the movie "Happy Birthday, Wanda June", a pilot colonel Looseleaf (*who dropped a-bomb or H-bomb on Nagasaki) says,
sitting at a bar:
"First Nagasaki, and then my mother-in-law" (*she died of fear when she saw him). Camera do ...[text shortened]...

This fraction of English speaking beggars that use fraction for faction is my only hope.[/b]
It must be horrible to be in your mind.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by Kegge
It must be horrible to be in your mind.
Or your vicinity.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 Jul 16

Originally posted by vandervelde

sitting at a bar:
"First Nagasaki, and then my mother-in-law" (*she died of fear when she saw him). Camera do ...[text shortened]...

This fraction of English speaking beggars that use fraction for faction is my only hope.[/b]
I'm a faction of the man I used to be.