1. Joined
    14 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 09:19
    I have read an article 'How to Make A Banner Advertising That Captures Users’ Attention' on AmoyShare web banner design. It says that HTML5 is the future, Flash is the past. HTML5 banner trend is a new and predictable trend. Do you think so? Why HTML banner format is becoming more popular than flash format? What advantages do banner HTML have when it compared with flash?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 09:43
    Originally posted by JorgePowderly
    I have read an article 'How to Make A Banner Advertising That Captures Users’ Attention' on AmoyShare web banner design. It says that HTML5 is the future, Flash is the past. HTML5 banner trend is a new and predictable trend. Do you think so? Why HTML banner format is becoming more popular than flash format? What advantages do banner HTML have when it compared with flash?
    All you need to know is....Flash is dead.

Support for it has collapsed since iPads shipped with no support at all - a good trend that has continued.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 13:352 edits
    Originally posted by JorgePowderly
    Flash is a proprietary player controlled by the Adobe Corp. This meant that you have to do all of your flash player updates through Adobe. With HTML5 video, you should get updates to the player when you do your regular browser update.

Flash is buggy and crashes a lot.

So, good riddance, I say.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 04:16
    There's a Developers Forum for substantial threads like this. Posting computer savvy intelligent entries in the General Forum risks turning this into something meaningful. Great caution should be exercised lest this become rational. The potential consequences cannot be fully appreciated in the absence of any precedents.
  5. Joined
    14 Sep '15
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 06:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Flash is a proprietary player controlled by the Adobe Corp. This meant that you have to do all of your flash player updates through Adobe. With HTML5 video, you should get updates to the player when you do your regular browser update.

Flash is buggy and crashes a lot.

So, good riddance, I say.

Great. I agree with you.
  6. Joined
    14 Sep '15
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 06:24
    Originally posted by coquette
    There's a Developers Forum for substantial threads like this. Posting computer savvy intelligent entries in the General Forum risks turning this into something meaningful. Great caution should be exercised lest this become rational. The potential consequences cannot be fully appreciated in the absence of any precedents.

OK. I see.
  7. Joined
    14 Sep '15
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 06:24
    Originally posted by Russ

Support for it has collapsed since iPads shipped with no support at all - a good trend that has continued.

Maybe.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 06:361 edit
    Originally posted by Russ

and yet Google still uses it its creator suit, as does Facebook for its videos and the damned BBC on their website and chess24 and probably ICC as well. chess dot com is moving away from it but you need to be a premium user to get their version 3 interface, maybe if the stopped giving thousands of dollars to Nakamura to play crappy bullet matches on Tuesday nights and hired a developer their site wouldn't be so buggy, who can say? but Html5 has been the standard for months now, possibly years and finally Flash may be dead and I'm glad cause those droogs at Adobe stopped providing support to linux users ages ago.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree