1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 22:47
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Posting just for the sake of posting? My goodness, what an unforgivable sin!

I assure you, madam, that I and most of the others who post in the word association threads do so because
    we enjoy word games. It's only a harmless pastime requiring nothing more than a touch of creativity and a
    sense of humor. I also find it a useful brain-jogger and chan ...[text shortened]... s at the long-running Word Association Game. We adopted both threads, just to spoil the fun.
    "If you don't like the association threads, just ignore them."

How rich.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 23:14
    Originally posted by Kewpie

It strikes me that most people who come to this forum seem to find a happy balance between posting for the sake of posting, without any reference to previous content, and not posting at all. It also depends on lifestyles, people who are not employed and also housebound may be more prolific posters, even if what they post isn't interesting to other people. ...[text shortened]... often done here as a "look at me! I'm more worthy of attention than this lot" activity.
    Rare moment!

Honesty prevails.

Thank you, Kew.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 23:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "If you don't like the association threads, just ignore them."

How rich.
    You have a point there.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 23:16

That's a bit unfair. I wasn't complaining, I'm just disappointed that there isn't more variety in the active threads, that's all. Mostly I do just ignore them, and occasionally I even post in one.
    "I'm just disappointed that there isn't more variety in the active threads."

You've launched your fair share. Others should follow your lead.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 23:20
    Given that you're already 5.98, that would put you over the line into the spammers' group.
    Hence the 😵.

No doubt i have wasted wayyyy to much time on these forums. If i had played chess as much as most drivel on the forums, for sure i would've reached 1800 by now.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 01:21
    Originally posted by Trev33
    You have a point there.
    How's life, Trev?

You eating and sleeping well?

Clean socks each day, etc?

Color gb concerned.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 04:53
    Confessions?

I once killed a thread just to watch it die. 😞
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 14:403 edits

Here's the final list, I'm getting bored with this on a sluggish internet connection, waiting for the "search forum" to do its thing, so no more will be added by me. Do what you will with the information. Just remember, if you've had a forum ban at any time, your real number is higher, possibly much higher.

Grampy Bobby ... 2030 days, 1387 pages, 20805 ...[text shortened]... posts per day
    hakima .............. 1608 days, 8 pages, 120 posts, 0.07 posts per day
    26,410 Moves / 2,030 Days = 13.0 Moves Per Day / "10.25 posts per day" = 1.27 or 27% More Chess Moves then Posts / Day.

Might be worthwhile taking a second pass to incorporate the second reason we all visit the site.
    One Dimensional Stats often prevent the Total Activity Profile from being known. No research.
    < Moves show beneath your avatar.
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 12:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Confessions?

I once killed a thread just to watch it die. 😞
    Most posters kill unintentionally.

But some utter last words so convincingly there can't be a discussion afterwards. Congratulations if you did so.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 12:24
    Originally posted by Ponderable

But some utter last words so convincingly there can't be a discussion afterwards. Congratulations if you did so.
    Makes total sense.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 13:43
    Originally posted by Ponderable

And some last words are so banal that a response is not worth it.
  12. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 13:44
    kudos
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 03:14

Last words are but a fraction of the residual paragraphs on the final pages of a poster's life profile.

Requires nothing to criticize; everything to forgive; and yet even more to forget.

Banal's a Bad Boy. Insensitivity, Myopia and Prissy Pride are the Baddest Bad Girls on the block.
  14. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:11
    1496 days, 272 pages, 4080 posts, 2.73 posts per day. What would your therapist make of that?
    I note the new 'Beta' site has somewhat condensed the forum posts within far fewer pages; my own offering stands at 100 pages in the RHP normal site, yet the Beta site contains these posts within 38 pages...
    Progress indeed...
  15. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:30
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I note the new 'Beta' site has somewhat condensed the forum posts within far fewer pages; my own offering stands at 100 pages in the RHP normal site, yet the Beta site contains these posts within 38 pages...
    Progress indeed...
    The new site limits the search back by date - it only looks back so far.
    If you play with the dates in the fields at the top of the search you can find all of your posts again.

This makes good sense as it stops massive database hits when looking at prolific posters just to get the total number of pages right when all anyone is looking for is probably only the last few posts a person made.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree