1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 03:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You, FMF, Kewpie and Handy Andy, the general forum establishment and enemies of the people. So why are you revolting?
    I am honoured to be chosen as part of the elite group of RHP posters who don't use babytalk or trashtalk.

I doubt there'll be a revolution here, though - too many of the other kind around here.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 03:21
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I am honoured to be chosen as part of the elite group of RHP posters who don't use babytalk or trashtalk.

I doubt there'll be a revolution here, though - too many of the other kind around here.
    Wrong again.

It won't be you and the others in this elitist list leading the revolt, it'll be that "other kind" you and the others continually denigrate. All revolts are against the "elite".
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 03:50
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I will join your cause.
    Mmmm. I am wary of causes I dream up that others then seek to join.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 03:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne to Kewpie
    It won't be you and the others in this elitist list leading the revolt, it'll be that "other kind" you and the others continually denigrate.
    The only posters I've seen Kewpie criticize recently were robbie carrobie and Seitse. Was she wrong to speak out? Do you think she denigrated them?
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 04:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wrong again.

It won't be you and the others in this elitist list leading the revolt, it'll be that "other kind" you and the others continually denigrate. All revolts are against the "elite".
    To denigrate is to belittle or criticize unfairly.

Which posters have I belittled or criticized unfairly?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 07:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wrong again.

I had lunch with Russ last weekend.
    We talked and talked about RHP.
    You wern't mentioned.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 08:193 edits

Great lets talk about the genocide of aboriginal Australians and try to determine if you should carry any societal moral responsibility. For while you were not directly responsible as far as I am aware, you are the recipient of land seized and its indigenous inhabitants systematically killed, poisoned, forcibly removed and their culture destroyed. That sober enough for you? 😲
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 08:22
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

Only yourself Rangoon! only yourself!😵
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 08:51
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

Anyone Suzianne likes.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 08:51

Welcome to the elite clique 😵
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 08:52
    Forum Elite Clique: FECs

The rest of you are are no longer FECless
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 08:551 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Great lets talk about the genocide of aboriginal Australians and try to determine if you should carry any societal moral responsibility. For while you were not directly responsible as far as I am aware, you are the recipient of land seized and its indigenous inhabitants systematically killed, poisoned, forcibly removed and their culture destroyed. That sober enough for you? 😲
    Yes, we should and we do carry the moral responsibility for the attempted genocide of aboriginal Australians, and we do what we can to repair the damage caused long ago by the invasion from the British Isles. For me it's an indirect responsibility though, my family arrived in this country from other places and I have not a single drop of British blood. Should all people of British ancestry also share our collective responsibility, do you think?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 09:192 edits
    Yes, we should and we do carry the moral responsibility for the attempted genocide of aboriginal Australians, and we do what we can to repair the damage caused long ago by the invasion from the British Isles. For me it's an indirect responsibility though, my family arrived in this country from other places and I have not a single drop of British blood. Should all people of British ancestry also share our collective responsibility, do you think?
    Attempted genocide? Come now tweetie pie in what sense was the genocide merely attempted? Lets not kid ourselves what happened to the aboriginal Australians fits every description and definition of a genocide. Long ago? it wasn't that long ago mate! Well within two generations!

I am not entirely sure whether you should or do carry a retrospective moral responsibility to be honest, its not entirely clear in my mind and the elements are very complicated so that I cannot see it clearly. Some might conclude that its a stupid question but I don't think it is. Whether all those of British or other ancestry who are the direct recipients of land seized by dispossessing indigenous people and whether they should carry some kind of retrospective moral responsibility is very difficult to answer, at least for me. Certainly those who perpetrated the atrocities are morally responsible but beyond that, I dunno.

Maybe you can help me understand?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 09:511 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne to Kewpie
    It won't be you and the others in this elitist list leading the revolt, it'll be that "other kind" you and the others continually denigrate.
    Can you give one single example in the history of RHP where Kewpie has "denigrated" another poster? No you can't, not one. She is a principled, stoic and upstanding member of this community.

You would possibly benefit from spending 20 minutes of quiet contemplation and reviewing your own posting history.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Sep '16 13:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you give one single example in the history of RHP where Kewpie has "denigrated" another poster? No you can't, not one. She is a principled, stoic and upstanding member of this community.

You would possibly benefit from spending 20 minutes of quiet contemplation and reviewing your own posting history.
    Looks like I'll see you at St. Alphonso's Pancake Breakfast.

>snerk<

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree