funny movies?

funny movies?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
16 May 21

@great-big-stees said
Bedazzled...yes. I forgot about that one. GREAT.
Yeah, I'm going to watch that again. It's a risky thing though revisiting movies that you loved a few decades ago. Doesn't always work out for me. Especially if you have recommended them to one of your daughters without re-watching it first (memories of withering looks).

Über-Nerd

Moves
16 May 21

Blazing Saddles. Oh so politically not correct, but Mel Brooks could get away with it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 May 21
1 edit

Roxanne, a 1987 retelling of Edmond Rostand's 1897 verse play Cyrano de Bergerac.

Yes, it is kind of a sweet and sappy rom-com of the era, but it captures Daryl Hannah at the peak of her beauty and Steve Martin at the peak of his comedy. Martin's rather intellectual comedy had me laughing out loud at times.

Moves
16 May 21
1 edit

My current top 5 (flexes except #1)

1) Life of Brian
2) This is Spinal Tap
3) Groundhog Day
4) The Blues Brothers
5) Young Frankenstein

Also anything by Chaplin or Laurel & Hardy

Want to see but haven’t:
- The Big Lebowski

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 May 21

catch 22 but not as good as the book

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16 May 21

@divegeester I found the big Lebowski mainly unfunny...while I share most of your list (didn't see the Spinal tap movie, but my son highly recommended that one.

I like Monsiuer Claude und seine Töchter (orig. French: Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?) {English: Serial (Bad) Weddings}

Moves
16 May 21

@ponderable said
@divegeester I found the big Lebowski mainly unfunny...while I share most of your list (didn't see the Spinal tap movie, but my son highly recommended that one.
Spinal Tap works if you recognise the satire aimed right across the entire hard rock (mainly) industry and bands. The movie contains some of the best one-liners I’ve ever heard, but it can divide opinion.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16 May 21

@divegeester said
Spinal Tap works if you recognise the satire aimed right across the entire hard rock (mainly) industry and bands. The movie contains some of the best one-liners I’ve ever heard, but it can divide opinion.
I was primed by my son πŸ˜‰

SRB

Moves
16 May 21

@Suzianne
Best Steve Martin movie for me was Parenthood. For me the best comedy is observational and the grandmother's comment at the end makes the film for me.

Moves
16 May 21

I like silly and slapstick comedies from all years. Buster Keaton’s movies are great and I also enjoy Mel Brooks zaniness.

k

Moves
17 May 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
My current top 5 (flexes except #1)

1) Life of Brian
2) This is Spinal Tap
3) Groundhog Day
4) The Blues Brothers
5) Young Frankenstein

Also anything by Chaplin or Laurel & Hardy

Want to see but haven’t:
- The Big Lebowski
I wonder where the rug is. Good movie. The Big Lebowski https://duckduckgo.com/?q=big+lebowski+rug+scene&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dfijel3upu2c

rain

Moves
17 May 21

Something About Mary
A Fish Called Wanda

Among the funniest films ever made.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
17 May 21

@moonbus said
Blazing Saddles. Oh so politically not correct, but Mel Brooks could get away with it.
lol, great one. No they could never do this today.

"Is it twue what they say about you people? It's twue, it's twue!!"
or
"Where all the white women at?"

holy cow.

Moves
17 May 21

@earl-of-trumps said
lol, great one. No they could never do this today.

"Is it twue what they say about you people? It's twue, it's twue!!"
or
"Where all the white women at?"

holy cow.
Reminds me a bit if “Bigus Dicus”.πŸ€”

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 May 21

@great-big-stees said
Reminds me a bit if “Bigus Dicus”.πŸ€”
They did a good job dubbing that: