1. In your face
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 14:08
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    not skinny and balding at least. There are pictures of myself available on the net if you know who I am 🙂
    The guy with the Fedora is my son. The one with the John Lennon glasses my other son.
    I was actually thinking of Heir Flick 🙂
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 14:10
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    I was actually thinking of Heir Flick 🙂
    I was thinking Adolph
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 09:55
    It has been a long time that a green rthread was on page two. It is the case now.

The GF lives!
    Now the red wave has almost reached page one again.

And in another thread ther was a complaint of too low weekend activity...

Still we have had some posters lately who weren't frequent posters before, so all is well?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 12:311 edit
    There are two ways to keep the red wave on page 2.
    The obvious one is just to start a new thread, but sometimes you just can't think of a topic.
    The other way is to visit Page 2 - which nobody ever does - and find a red thread you'd like to post in.
    Is there a third way?
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 12:44
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The other way is to visit Page 2 - which nobody ever does - and find a red thread you'd like to post in.
    Is there a third way?
    Really? Nobody visits page 2,. How comes that some threads float to the top after a long break?
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 23:071 edit
    Really? Nobody visits page 2,. How comes that some threads float to the top after a long break?
    All right, if you want to split straws - almost nobody visits page 2. 🙂

... and you didn't answer my question.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 00:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "prism" is less a "metaphor" in context than an optical reality of the transparent objectivity and/or occluded subjectivity displayed in our perspective of ourselves and the world in which we live. Unreality results from preoccupation with ourselves to the exclusion of other people in our periphery. The maturity angle of incidence still causes the angle ...[text shortened]... ............... Objective Reality = [b]| ...................... 3 Sigma Overthink = \[/b]
    If that, as I think it was, was actual ironical self-parody, I congratulate you and suggest you keep mining that seam. 🙂
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 09:01
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    All right, if you want to split straws - [b]almost nobody visits page 2. 🙂

... and you didn't answer my question.[/b]
    In our langauge we split hairs not straws...

I am sorry to have provoced your anger, and ask your forgiveness.

The answer: Of course the only way to keep the red wave down is to post in threads which are not on page one at the time. So posting a new thread or posting in a "red" one or one which will become red soon.

It is sometimes worthwhile to go to the page on which the grey takes over. Sometimes there is a thread which is not dead yet in terms of contents.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 14:24
    There may be hundreds of channels on this TV but there's still nothing good on.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 14:31
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Then why not try to insert some good, or is it just not worth your while?
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 15:03
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Define good.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 16:29
    Ponderable, your visits to pages 2 and 3 as a matter of weekly routine to resurrect worthwhile threads is appreciated.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 16:39
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    If that, as I think it was, was actual ironical self-parody, I congratulate you and suggest you keep mining that seam. 🙂
    It has been a long time that a green rthread was on page two. It is the case now.

The GF lives!

Originally posted by divegeester
    Resurrected by haters and the hated.

Each of us sees the face to face and online world around us through the prism of his or her mindset.
    Positive impact from returning and new members has been a significant factor in the "GF activity".

Originally posted by divegeester
    By use of "prism" as your chosen metaphor, do you mean our perspectives are; diffracted, split, colorful, confused, or gay?

"prism" is less a "metaphor" in context than an optical reality of the transparent objectivity and/or occluded subjectivity displayed in our perspective of ourselves and the world in which we live. Unreality results from preoccupation with ourselves to the exclusion of other people in our periphery. The maturity angle of incidence still causes the angle of refraction*.

*Edit Note: Not unlike the ricocheting path of a cue ball on a billiard table.

Edit Two: 3 Sigma Emotional = /...................... Objective Reality = | ...................... 3 Sigma Overthink = \

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason

Please explain your tentative conclusion. Thanks.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 19:03

The GF lives!
    Now we have page two in yellow, woohoo!
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Feb '15 15:36
    Only three threads on page one have fewer than 10 postings. Is that a good or bad sign?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree