1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 09:49
    "19-2" Canadian cops on the beat (and bit of police politics) drama. Now in its third series. Strikes me as above average, but may well not be. Hard to say.

Mr.Robot. hackers/cyberspace thriller - now starting its second series - enjoyed the weirdness and mystery of the series 1 enormously.

Preacher - gritty, comedy, thriller with some sort of supernatural element that is as yet unclear [vampires perhaps?], lots of moments to take you by surprise or appall you.

Tyrant series 3. I am sceptical, although I was sceptical about there being a second series too, and that worked out OK.

Vice Principals - comedy about warring good ol' boy high school vice principals and a formidable African American headmistress thwarting their designs on her job.

Dark.Matter - solid character-driven sci-fi drama with interesting state-of-the-galaxy backdrop starts its second series.

Braindead - comedy thriller about Washington DC politics with a hitherto untried aliens-burrowing-into-people's-heads-making-them-want-to-listen-to-a-tune-by-The-Cars angle. Promising start.

Aquarius - with David Duchovny as a jaded and occasionally volatile 1960s cop - enjoyed 1st series, 2nd one just kicked off.

Any thoughts on these or any other series?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 11:181 edit
    Preacher. I'm a fan.

Mr.Robot. - Will tackle that sometime in the future. You can have too many computers in your life.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 18:27
    Hmmmmmmmm, very interesting turn of events here.
    The man accused of being a forum moderator has opened a new thread, and the very first post has come from none other than Russ.....the man who appoints moderators.
    Hmmmm, amidst the accusations and denials, Russ has 'popped in' to FMF's thread.
    Hmmmmmm?????
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 18:38
    Or,....people just like discussing good tv.
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 18:47
    no such thing as good tv...
    are you entertained??? fabulous, i am content...
    the one and only reason television is described as a "medium" is because it is not well done...
    somebody more famouser than moi said that...
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by rookie54
    no such thing as good tv...
    are you entertained??? fabulous, i am content...
    the one and only reason television is described as a "medium" is because it is not well done...
    somebody more famouser than moi said that...
    Ernie Kovacs

Television: A medium. So called because it's neither rare nor well done.

http://www.brainyquote.com
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 20:12
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Hmmmmmmmm, very interesting turn of events here.
    The man accused of being a forum moderator has opened a new thread, and the very first post has come from none other than Russ.....the man who appoints moderators.
    Hmmmm, amidst the accusations and denials, Russ has 'popped in' to FMF's thread.
    Hmmmmmm?????
    Perhaps Russ just approves of FMF's contributions here and likes the TV thread, nothing more.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 22:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Perhaps Russ just approves of FMF's contributions here and likes the TV thread, nothing more.
    Sir,
    I can not re-call the last time Russ actually commented on anyones post can you?
    Please point it out to me, as you seem to keep track of everything much closer than I do.
    Maybe that is the reason FMF says Russ thinks this or that, is because he actually knows.

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 22:54
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    I can not re-call the last time Russ actually commented on anyones post can you?
    Please point it out to me, as you seem to keep track of everything much closer than I do.
    Maybe that is the reason FMF says Russ thinks this or that, is because he actually knows.

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    I think you should send feedback.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 22:59
    What Russ thinks about "Preacher" was something I did not know. But I actually know now thanks to this thread.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think you should send feedback.
    Sir,
    I think you should stop telling me what I should do. I thank you very kindly in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Good TV at the moment
    Agatha.Raisin - British lighthearted/comic amateur sleuth drama - not my cup of tea (or scones).

Marseille - French political thriller/drama with Gerard Depardieu as the mayor of Marseilles - English subtitles - good.

Wayward.Pines. - lost interest in the first series of this (it's a bit like the 1060's The Prisoner which I loved) so I.m not sure why I am downloading the second series - there seems to have been a change of cast.

Angie.Tribeca - daft police comedy in the Police Squad/Airplane mold - done well - now well into its second series.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:17
    Sir,

Kind Regards,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    I agree. Russ usually posts only in site ideas, help forum, and announcements.
    To make a 'random' post in the GF, in FMF's thread.....at the height of the moderator conspiracy.....is...well, very very suspect.
    1st contributor as well.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:25
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I agree. Russ usually posts only in site ideas, help forum, and announcements.
    To make a 'random' post in the GF, in FMF's thread.....at the height of the moderator conspiracy.....is...well, very very suspect.
    1st contributor as well.
    Perhaps it's just a subtle endorsement - and sliver of encouragement - in the midst of all the scathing paranoid daftness people like Suzianne, Very Rusty and josephw have been oozing these last few days? 😉
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 23:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Good TV at the moment
    Somewhat diverting UK comedies at the moment (or recently)

Love Nina

Rovers

Mum

Flat TV (actually haven't watched it yet, anyone seen it)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree