1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 23:22
    Ok, here is the deal. We had a perfectly symmetrical vertical and very much artistic totem pole going on in the "D" file in a game. I brought this up and just like the beach bully that he is, He messed it up so that if I moved the last piece in place to finish the totem pole alignment it would put one of my major pieces in danger. This is no way to treat a self proclaimed "OCD" suffering chess playing addict. What kind of person would do that? That's just mean man...mean.

I call for a public lynching and humiliation.
    Don't let the Stees get away with it.

Let him have it for not following artsy fartcy protocol. 😠
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 02:15
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Ok, here is the deal. We had a perfectly symmetrical vertical and very much artistic totem pole going on in the "D" file in a game. I brought this up and just like the beach bully that he is, He messed it up so that if I moved the last piece in place to finish the totem pole alignment it would put one of my major pieces in danger. This is no way to tre ...[text shortened]... let the Stees get away with it.

Man I have met a few whiners in my life but really. Totem Pole, Schmotem Pole. You gotta let go Trashcash.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 02:39
    Ok, here is the deal. We had a perfectly symmetrical vertical and very much artistic totem pole going on in the "D" file in a game. I brought this up and just like the beach bully that he is, He messed it up so that if I moved the last piece in place to finish the totem pole alignment it would put one of my major pieces in danger. This is no way to tre ...[text shortened]... let the Stees get away with it.

Guilty!

String him up. 😠
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 02:54
    Hey, what do you mean...you asked me to take it easy on you so I decided to do a bit of doodling during the game And you mess my art work up. That's just mean..Whining ha...chess is an art. You don't squirt ink on the Mona Lissa. You don't barf on a Picasso just because it sucks. You don't stomp on a sand castle on the beach. So why would you think it was cool to try and chop down my totem pole, eh.canuklehead? No the art lovers of this community won't stand for it. You need a public verbal noogie. 'And ye shall receive it because I am bored.
    🙂 . 😛
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 05:021 edit

The cultural police are now on high alert. "Totem Pole" is now a culturally offensive term, along the lines of the Washington Redskins. Noted, that is only such a major issue because it happens to be located geographically in the political sesspool known as the US Capitol city. If one considers, for instance, Custer State Park on Lakota lands in South Dakota, one can only sit in amazement of the the depths of cultural insensitivity that we routinely employ. The point being that no one is really paying much attention to that. Care for more examples? Check into the statue of Onate in New Mexico. Sorry about that ankle, dude. Anyway, back on point, Totems are out. Those carved stacked animal spirit figurine poles are now, for some inscruitable reason, story poles.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 06:03
    Originally posted by coquette
    The cultural police are now on high alert. "Totem Pole" is now a culturally offensive term, along the lines of the Washington Redskins. Noted, that is only such a major issue because it happens to be located geographically in the political sesspool known as the US Capitol city. If one considers, for instance, Custer State Park on Lakota lands in South Dakot ...[text shortened]... carved stacked animal spirit figurine poles are now, for some inscruitable reason, story poles.
    Leaving aside that America has either killed off, ostracised or marginalised its indigenous people, I can understand how the Washington Redskins could be taken as offensive to the remnant of Native Americans. Unless it's not them complaining of course, and you are relaying the sound of Middle-American bleeding hearts. Anyway, that aside, why is "totem pole" offensive? Isn't it a real thing, or it the name itself wrong?
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 07:39
    Totem poles are not by any means indigenous the United States of America only. With all due respect. The word 'Totem' is also not an American English word it is Native.and correctly used by them. It is a story pole if you want to translate the native meaning of Totem. You can buy Totem poles in British Columbia Canada if you like. You can buy them in many parts of the world outside of North America as well. I don't think American natives are offended by their own tongue (Language). Nor are they offended by the color of their skin. I can see that they might be offended if words are used to intentionally offend. I can't believe that is the case for reasonable minds to believe either. I personally am happy to include our native Americans into our sports venue. We should never forget our history and should support the native culture.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 10:29
    Totem poles are not by any means indigenous the United States of America only. With all due respect. The word 'Totem' is also not an American English word it is Native.and correctly used by them. It is a story pole if you want to translate the native meaning of Totem. You can buy Totem poles in British Columbia Canada if you like. You can buy them in m ...[text shortened]... into our sports venue. We should never forget our history and should support the native culture.
    It's still suspicious, Tot'em? Totem POLES? You have something against Polish people who happen to have the job of toting things around?
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 13:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's still suspicious, Tot'em? Totem POLES? You have something against Polish people who happen to have the job of toting things around?
    Actually they make pretty good sausage, so no not really. But did you hear in the news how a Polish man thought his wife was trying to kill him? On her dressing table he found a bottle of "Polish Remover"..
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 14:25
    Speaking of race, do you notice in chess white gets to go first?
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 14:43
    Originally posted by JS357
    Speaking of race, do you notice in chess white gets to go first?
    Stees has never packed fudge
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 15:30
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Stees has never packed fudge
    No. but he has such a sour puss he probably still puckers when he eats fudge. Having said that he is not a bad guy. He just doesn't appreciate art, or native culture. He is an old semi balding beer drinking very old geezer pretty similar to myself And he probably snores.
  13. Joined
    28 May '14
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 16:41
    No. but he has such a sour puss he probably still puckers when he eats fudge. Having said that he is not a bad guy. He just doesn't appreciate art, or native culture. He is an old semi balding beer drinking very old geezer pretty similar to myself And he probably snores.
    We ladies find him most attractive. 🙂
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 17:11
    Originally posted by Ladynight
    We ladies find him most attractive. 🙂
    Ha...a likely story only Stees right hand would make a comment like that..
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 17:121 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree