1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 11:33
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Sherlock would have had to take an arrow through his brain for me to be justified in comparing VR to him.
    In fact to explain something evident (for the explainer) and stating it should be evident for the explainee is a typical Sherlockian behaviour. In fact that is why I am so turned off by the books, since Sherlock does explain something the reader (and evidently Dr. Watson) could not have an inkling of, as if it would be as plain as "the sky is blue" jsust to make clear his superiority.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 11:39
    @ponderable said
    In fact to explain something evident (for the explainer) and stating it should be evident for the explainee is a typical Sherlockian behaviour. In fact that is why I am so turned off by the books, since Sherlock does explain something the reader (and evidently Dr. Watson) could not have an inkling of, as if it would be as plain as "the sky is blue" jsust to make clear his superiority.
    That sounds like HOH always trying to prove his superiority when he is actually a rather simple fellow. 😉

-VR
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 11:411 edit
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Sherlock would have had to take an arrow through his brain for me to be justified in comparing VR to him.
    Providing Sherlock lived he would still be more intelligent than you are! 😛

Hell you aren't even smart enough to find your own avatar have to copy mine! 😛 😉

-VR
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 12:04
    @ponderable said
    And again, I assert that VR is like a brain damaged Dr. Watson that, having had something explained to him by Holmes, fumbles the explanation to someone else. watson, of course, tries to make out that he knew the facts of the matter all along.
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 12:06
    @very-rusty said
    Providing Sherlock lived he would still be more intelligent than you are! 😛

Hell you aren't even smart enough to find your own avatar have to copy mine! 😛 😉

-VR
    While this fact should be intrinsically obvious to the most casual observer, I've deduced that you are as dumb as a pile of broken bricks.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 12:07
    @hand-of-hecate said
    And again, I assert that VR is like a brain damaged Dr. Watson that, having had something explained to him by Holmes, fumbles the explanation to someone else. watson, of course, tries to make out that he knew the facts of the matter all along.
    Attention seeking again are you? 😛

-VR
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 18:41
    @hand-of-hecate said
    You're like Dr Watson if he had a major head injury.
    Well, good old Doc Watson wrote a song about it, playing his Martin guitar on that song.
  8. Joined
    10 Oct '18
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 03:50
    I can not play it
    GamesBx
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 07:33
    @gamesbx said
    I can not play it
    GamesBx
    That's because you were banned from the site.
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 08:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That's because you were banned from the site.
    It shouldn't be long before his name is crossed off again. Wonder how many times this idiot has been banned now.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 10:58
    @radioactive69 said
    It shouldn't be long before his name is crossed off again. Wonder how many times this idiot has been banned now.
    The mind boggles. (I'm guessing at least 27).
  12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 12:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The mind boggles. (I'm guessing at least 27).
    some folks find peace in gardening,
    others like to play the ponies...
    some guys like to hack big banks,
    and attempt to grab the monies...

some folks sit in meditation,
    others, they will go fishing...
    a very few find humor and fun,
    pretending to go a-chessing...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree