General Forum

General Forum

1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 13:55
    I just took a look and most of my opponents I met as greeter dropped out of the site again.

Plus there is not a single subscriber among the peopl I palyed as a greeter.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 14:17
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I just took a look and most of my opponents I met as greeter dropped out of the site again.

It's your German accent. 😉
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 20:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Actually some of us do.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 22:39
    Send him some money and he'll oblige...maybe😀
  5. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 22:43
    He got friendly, holding my hand
    While she got friendly down in the sand
    He was sweet, just turned eighteen
    Well she was good you know what I mean
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 00:521 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable

I'm happy if I get to play a rematch with them, because it means they've stayed on the site.

The large number I've had who tick the "greeter game" box and then never make a single move, or make one move but not the second, suggests that a lot are looking for instant gratification - they may all be over on the blitz board and we'd never know.

And it seems I have not one, but TWO subscribers in my list of greeter games.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 01:00
    There's a million better sites than here for blitz. I don't even know why people who play CC here even bother with the blitz feature other than laziness.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 01:391 edit
    People who come here looking for blitz games probably don't know there's an alternative in turn-based (CC) chess. It doesn't surprise me that so many are only looking for a quick game RIGHT NOW, because that's how many people think, if it's not RIGHT NOW it's no good. It's just an impulse thing, they're not going to suddenly turn into thinkers once they're here. RHP should differentiate itself from blitz, rather than try a poor imitation of blitz as a sideline from its main game.