Hack?

Hack?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Jan 15

Has the site been hacked? Or is it me? I'm getting redirected to retailers when I click on "analyze game"

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by bks2000
Has the site been hacked? Or is it me? I'm getting redirected to retailers when I click on "analyze game"
It's you.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jan 15

Have you sent a Feedback?

Bottom of your screen:

Support
Send Feedback

Australia

Moves
21 Jan 15
1 edit

The usual reason for this is malware on your own computer, not anything on this site.

There are a number of trojans out there which do this sort of thing, and you can easily catch the infection if you visit shopping sites or sports or gaming sites. Suggest you run one of the malware programs, such as Malwarebytes (free download from malwarebytes.org), before sending feedback if nothing is found and the problem persists. Virus software doesn't remove this kind of infection because it's adware, not a virus.

F

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
Suggest you run one of the malware programs, such as Malwarebytes (free download from malwarebytes.org), before sending feedback if nothing is found and the problem persists.
Unfortunately this program makes my PC hang.

Moves
21 Jan 15

Suggest contacting this user for an encyclopaedic point of reference:

@sonhouse

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Suggest contacting this user for an encyclopaedic point of reference:

@sonhouse
Son can have his guitar tech work it out. The guy's the best.

Moves
21 Jan 15

I was afraid the problem was on my machine. But it only seems to occur on the RHP site. I did run Malwarebytes, and I use AVG (both free version) but the problem persists.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jan 15

I was afraid the problem was on my machine. But it only seems to occur on the RHP site. I did run Malwarebytes, and I use AVG (both free version) but the problem persists.
Feedback, Russ.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
21 Jan 15

...and of course you tried it on sites which open new browser windows?

I fear Russ can't do anything.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Feedback, Russ.
That won't help. He's obviously got some scumware lodged in his machine.

Rare that MWB didn't fix it, though.

To OP: are you sure you updated the MWB definitions before you scanned?

N

Moves
21 Jan 15
2 edits

It likely is only on your machine, or possibly your local network (ie in your house). But more likely your machine. Try using a different browser, and also try using a different machine. You don't need to do this permanently, just to verify where the problem is occurring. There are a few other spyware detectors, try using those, as most people reckon you need about four different ones to catch all malware.

Sounds like some program might be working in the background to hijack pop-up windows in your browser.

If the malware programs don't find the culprit, try disabling all your browser extensions and re-enabling them one by one; you might be able to short-cut this by looking for any suspicious extensions you don't remember installing.

Australia

Moves
21 Jan 15

Also read through the list of installed programs: if there's anything you can't identify, compare its installed date with others in the list and you should find what it came with. If you can't match the date, try googling the program name. I've found several nasties this way.

Moves
21 Jan 15

I did update MWB before the scan. The problem presented itself again after I ran MWB and scanned for viruses, but I know adware is different from a virus. Lately it seems to be stable - no redirects. But the problem only appeared when I was in RHP... not in any other sites.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jan 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
That won't help. He's obviously got some scumware lodged in his machine.

Rare that MWB didn't fix it, though.

To OP: are you sure you updated the MWB definitions before you scanned?
No issues with my software; only concern was that this site might be compromised. I have no technical depth.