1. The World
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 21:17
    Originally posted by @trev33
    "The age of consent for sex
    England and Wales
    The age of consent to any form of sexual activity is 16 for both men and women. The age of consent is the same regardless of the gender or sexual orientation of a person and whether the sexual activity is between people of the same or different gender.

It is an offence for anyone to have any sexual activity ...[text shortened]... inciting a child to engage in sexual activity."

https://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/law-on-sex
    I didn't mention sex.

Age of maturity is an entirely different concept. It is age of legal responsibility.

For example, for taxation purposes a 17 year old in England is a minor, whereas in Scotland they are 'adult'.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 22:06
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts
    I didn't mention sex.

Age of maturity is an entirely different concept. It is age of legal responsibility.

For example, for taxation purposes a 17 year old in England is a minor, whereas in Scotland they are 'adult'.
    Would it start a war if someone said kids in Scotland mature quicker than kids in England?

-VR
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 22:10
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    What I like is we don't have a cligue picking on a few people. I don't believe we will ever see that again at least I hope not. I stir the pot a little now and then, just to try and liven things up a bit. 😉

-VR
    We never had a group picking on people... just a few individuals with the same dislike for a few posters 😉
  4. The World
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 22:10
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Would it start a war if someone said kids in Scotland mature quicker than kids in England?

-VR
    Legally seemingly.

I'd more guess that the English politicians don't want any new, thoughtful people questioning the status quo.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 22:12
    I didn't mention sex.

Sure, but that's not what we were referring to... or at least not what I took the first post to mean. That might say more about how my mind works though.
  6. The World
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 22:14
    Sure, but that's not what we were referring to... or at least not what I took the first post to mean. That might say more about how my mind works though.
    A post to celebrate a 17th birthday, yes, I fear for your warped mind! Lol (the lol is clearly here to indicate that I am in a jocular mood, a bottle of red wine consumed and all - well we need to for a birthday party).
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 22:24
    A post to celebrate a 17th birthday, yes, I fear for your warped mind! Lol (the lol is clearly here to indicate that I am in a jocular mood, a bottle of red wine consumed and all - well we need to for a birthday party).
    A 17th birthday party? 😲 Not sure which country if any has a bottle of wine legal at 17... although I'm sure if ever stopped anyone 😉
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 22:541 edit
    We never had a group picking on people... just a few individuals with the same dislike for a few posters 😉
    In reality it was a group of people picking on a few people, the main reason I got involved at the time. Got my share of Forum Bans over it too. In the end things did change! 😉

NOTE: I am still here too!!! 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree