General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    16 Feb '18 01:38
    Chinese New Year of the Earth Dog 2018 begins on Friday, the 16th of February and ends on 2019 Lunar New Year’s Eve on Feb. 4. The Dog occupies the eleventh position in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. You are a “Dog Chinese zodiac animal” if you are born in one of these years: 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018.

    According to the Chinese Horoscope theory, Male Earth is connected to the mountain. Dog mainly contains Male Earth with little Metal and Fire. The sign of 2018 Male Earth Dog year is two mountains sit side by side or another mountain beyond a mountain. That will be a strong Earth. People will focus on real estate, agriculture, environment, territory integrity or religious, spiritual area.

    2018 is a Mountain Dog year. Mountain Dog might be a wild dog. It could block your way out. That implies you might encounter some obstacles before executing your plan. You need to use your wisdom to remove the blockage first, then you will see the wide-open road.

    Dragons, Goats, and Roosters may find the slower pace of the Earth Dog a little difficult to adjust to. But the message for you is - slow down a little. Learn to relax and enjoy life. It's not all about constant accolades. The solar eclipse of February 15 asks that you rest on your laurels a little. You will benefit greatly from this practice.

    Since the Dog is so independent and loyal, those born under the signs of the Horse, Tiger, and Ox can finally find someone to share their lives with romantically, rather than dating people who don't work out. [from the interwebz]
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    16 Feb '18 02:35
    过年好 / 過年好
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7194
    16 Feb '18 08:25
    Just goes to show that the Chinese are just as moronic as westeners.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    17 Feb '18 06:211 edit
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Just goes to show that the Chinese are just as moronic as westeners.
    Wow, what a freakin' buzzkill.

    Actually, the OP adequately describes the basics of the Chinese zodiac and Chinese New Year, with emphasis on this year. I might have liked more about the Spring Festival, but it is what it is.

    As a Fire Dragon, yes, this year is not predicted to be one of my best, but it should be interesting, nonetheless.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    17 Feb '18 06:53
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Wow, what a freakin' buzzkill.

    Actually, the OP adequately describes the basics of the Chinese zodiac and Chinese New Year, with emphasis on this year. I might have liked more about the Spring Festival, but it is what it is.

    As a Fire Dragon, yes, this year is not predicted to be one of my best, but it should be interesting, nonetheless.
    A friend of mine described his star-sign as "Virgo with penis rising"
    that was a while ago ....
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10321
    06 Mar '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    过年好 / 過年好
    Hello?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421762
    07 Mar '18 13:451 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Chinese New Year of the Earth Dog 2018 begins on Friday, the 16th of February and ends on 2019 Lunar New Year’s Eve on Feb. 4. The Dog occupies the eleventh position in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. You are a “Dog Chinese zodiac animal” if you are born in one of these years: 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018.

    According to the Chinese Horo ...[text shortened]... heir lives with romantically, rather than dating people who don't work out. [from the interwebz]
    That post is going to upset a lot of people in here as you didn't say the source you copied and pasted this piece from! 😉

    Still interesting though! Interwebz may not be enough. 😉

    -VR
Back to Top