26 Jun '13 20:32
    He seems different.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 20:36
    Originally posted by Trev33
    He seems different.
    My thoughts exactly...OK maybe not exactly but similarly. Is he "mellowing"?
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 20:53
    I would like to believe that he has recently examined the beliefs that were drummed into his head by family members in his upbringing, and has come to the same conclusions that I came to in that regard.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 21:10
    Like a fine bourbon the best of us improve with age. I mean take myself for example. I could go on and on about how great a guy I am, but this is about GB.

Meh 😛
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 21:37
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I would like to believe that he has recently examined the beliefs that were drummed into his head by family members in his upbringing, and has come to the same conclusions that I came to in that regard.
    please open that lovely can of wormage...
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 23:024 edits
    Originally posted by Trev33

He seems different.
    Trev, thanks for your sensitivity. I became paralyzed just before Christmas, 2010; with a subsequent diagnosis of becoming permanently crippled and likely terminal. Gradual recovery during the next six months astounded the nursing staff and physicians. A "Success Story Interview" aired on a local television channel's "Professional Community Segment News". These events caused me to evaluate overall time management priorities, specifically my online social life, with a keener eye. We all mellow with age. Maybe my 'aging in the barrel's' been accelerated some during the past thirty months.

Inertia and Chess = 15% each of the reason I'm here. General Forum and Spirituality Forums = 30% each. Other Forums = 10%. Trev, you must have also noticed the downward activity spiral of this forum. Few new threads survive a dozen posts. Question I'm faced with is what to make of a diminished thing (before my subscription renewal comes due a few months from now). Thanks for coincidentally providing this public opportunity to express my views. Kind Regards, Bob

Note: Thirty seven threads with a dozen or fewer posts on pages one through three or 41% of all ninety threads. How sad.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 07:551 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Trev, thanks for your sensitivity. I became paralyzed just before Christmas, 2010; with a subsequent diagnosis of becoming permanently crippled and likely terminal. Gradual recovery during the next six months astounded the nursing staff and physicians. A "Success Story Interview" aired on a local television channel's "Professional Community Segment News dozen or fewer posts on pages one through three or 41% of all ninety threads. How sad.
    A couple of lengthy forum bans helped too huh?
  8. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 12:03
    Trev, thanks for your sensitivity. I became paralyzed just before Christmas, 2010; with a subsequent diagnosis of becoming permanently crippled and likely terminal. Gradual recovery during the next six months astounded the nursing staff and physicians. A "Success Story Interview" aired on a local television channel's "Professional Community Segment News ...[text shortened]... dozen or fewer posts on pages one through three or 41% of all ninety threads. How sad.
    Good heavens Boston Lad... you're still going on about threads? A little OCB, ADD, BFD, FBI, BLM, CIA, FAA, FFA, GSA, BSA, MADD, DDAMM, LOL, ETC, DFW, WTF, Your Mama Jokes or other maladies affecting you #1?

Don't worry Lad, we've got the PGA, NFL, NBA, NHL, PBT, LGBT, POTUS, LMAO, ROFLMAO, and even some guy who likes taffy but has no teeth looking into this.

Film at eleven...
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 12:56
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    Good heavens Boston Lad... you're still going on about threads? A little OCB, ADD, BFD, FBI, BLM, CIA, FAA, FFA, GSA, BSA, MADD, DDAMM, LOL, ETC, DFW, WTF, Your Mama Jokes or other maladies affecting you #1?

Don't worry Lad, we've got the PGA, NFL, NBA, NHL, PBT, LGBT, POTUS, LMAO, ROFLMAO, and even some guy who likes taffy but has no teeth looking into this.

Film at eleven...
    What chanel?
  10. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 13:00
    Trev, thanks for your sensitivity. I became paralyzed just before Christmas, 2010; with a subsequent diagnosis of becoming permanently crippled and likely terminal. Gradual recovery during the next six months astounded the nursing staff and physicians. A "Success Story Interview" aired on a local television channel's "Professional Community Segment News ...[text shortened]... dozen or fewer posts on pages one through three or 41% of all ninety threads. How sad.
    so...it wasn't the new haircut? 🙂

glad you are doing better, grampy. is your chess game improving?
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 13:03
    Your hands are free of paralysis. Great news Bobby! 😉

-m.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 18:47
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Your hands are free of paralysis. Great news Bobby! 😉

-m.
    Yes, Mike. Instantaneous Hip to Knee Paralysis only (without seizure, stroke or impact injury). Thanks for asking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree