1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 09:29
    1 Who is the forum regular who you suspect was most likely to have got their head stuck in the bannisters or similar object in childhood?
    2 Who is the forum regular who you suspect currently has their head stuck through the bannisters because they acted without reading the whole challenge first?
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 10:38
    @petewxyz said
    1 Who is the forum regular who you suspect was most likely to have got their head stuck in the bannisters or similar object in childhood?
    2 Who is the forum regular who you suspect currently has their head stuck through the bannisters because they acted without reading the whole challenge first?
    I nominate myself. But it wasn't my fault.
    I was 13 and had undergone a growth spurt. My head had always fit before!
    Anyway, my sister's gorgeous girlfriend was changing into a bathing suit and I just had to have a peek.

Lesson learned: Don't put your head where your ass can't follow. 🙂
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 11:28
    @wolfe63 said
    I nominate myself. But it wasn't my fault.
    I was 13 and had undergone a growth spurt. My head had always fit before!
    Anyway, my sister's gorgeous girlfriend was changing into a bathing suit and I just had to have a peek.

Lesson learned: Don't put your head where your ass can't follow. 🙂
    Definite spirit of adventure demonstrated. Anybody suggested for answer 1 should wear their nomination as a badge of honour. Reminds me of a medical student I knew years ago who attended the ward round of the most ferocious surgeon in the hospital late whist visibly suffering a hangover. Asked why he said he had been to the medics ball. The surgeon tore a strip off all the other students assembled for not having hangovers - true story!
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 13:48
    @petewxyz said
    Raises hand for #1. Though not a head stuck in a banister (note the "correct" spelling, though there was a "miler" whose last name was spelt the way you spelt the staircase thingy) but a tongue stuck on a metal door knob on a very cold winter's day. I was 6 and very inquisitive.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 14:18
    @great-big-stees said
    Raises hand for #1. Though not a head stuck in a banister (note the "correct" spelling, though there was a "miler" whose last name was spelt the way you spelt the staircase thingy) but a tongue stuck on a metal door knob on a very cold winter's day. I was 6 and very inquisitive.
    There ya go, Stees. This I've seen only the idjut put his tongue on an a metal line pole. Frozen. He did it on a dare. He didn't think it as true that the tongue would get frozen on.

Another bump of knowledge lol
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 14:24
    @earl-of-trumps said
    There ya go, Stees. This I've seen only the idjut put his tongue on an a metal line pole. Frozen. He did it on a dare. He didn't think it as true that the tongue would get frozen on.

Another bump of knowledge lol
    As I have often said in these forums, my dad always told me, "Steve, learn something new every day". That day I learned two things the second was I was indeed an idjust. 😲 😉
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 14:28
    @petewxyz said
    my eyes bugged out in complete amazement
    and instantly began to wince
    nobody told me it would hurt like that
    so i pissed on the electric fence
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 14:42
    I now when one has nothing good to say it is best to say nothing.

I didn't say I practice this though.

-VR
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 15:04
    Raises hand. I was six years old and at a multilevel shopping mall in Hawaii on the fourth floor up. There were crowds of people behind me watching a hula performance in the center court, and I squeezed to the front and stuck my head through the bars of the railing...only I could not get my head back through and no one was listening to my wails for help because they were all engrossed in the performance..

Childhood trauma.
  10. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 15:11
    @hakima
    So as we learn more of the chess players in this forum the question becomes is there anybody you suspect didn't get their head stuck in railings in their childhood (just normalizing your memory there - once a therapist...).
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 15:44
    Well I was under 10 years old and I stuck my tongue to an iron pole in the winter. I never did it again. My father poured warm water over the area where my tongue was stuck and it was enough that I could pull my tongue off of the iron pole. He told me, I know you will not do that again!

-VR
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 15:47
    @very-rusty said
    Well I was under 10 years old and I stuck my tongue to an iron pole in the winter. I never did it again. My father poured warm water over the area where my tongue was stuck and it was enough that I could pull my tongue off of the iron pole. He told me, I know you will not do that again!

-VR
    Was it then that you stuck your head in the banisters?!
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 15:491 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Was it then that you stuck your head in the banisters?!
    No even under 10 I was too smart to do something that dumb, but putting my tongue on an iron pole in the winter was pretty dumb just the same!

-VR
  14. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 16:27
    In Germany, Gunther Burpus remained wedged in his front-door cat flap for two days because passers-by thought he was a piece of installation art. Mr Burpus, 41, of Bremen, was using the flap because he had mislaid his keys. Unfortunately he was spotted by a group of student pranksters who removed his trousers and pants, painted his bottom bright blue, stuck a daffodil between his buttocks and erected a sign saying ‘Germany Resurgent, an Essay in Street Art. Please give Generously’. Passers-by assumed Mr Burpus’ screams were part of the act and it was only when an old woman complained to the police that he was finally freed. “I kept calling for help,” he said, “but people just said ‘Very good! Very clever!’ and threw coins at me.”
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 16:291 edit
    @the-gravedigger said
    In Germany, Gunther Burpus remained wedged in his front-door cat flap for two days because passers-by thought he was a piece of installation art. Mr Burpus, 41, of Bremen, was using the flap because he had mislaid his keys. Unfortunately he was spotted by a group of student pranksters who removed his trousers and pants, painted his bottom bright blue, stuck a daffodil ...[text shortened]... calling for help,” he said, “but people just said ‘Very good! Very clever!’ and threw coins at me.”
    Now that was a funny story!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree