General Forum

General Forum

  1. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    14 Dec '16 18:531 edit
    I had one in "Berliner" bar, Friday evening, before the gig in vicinity.
    https://s27.postimg.org/nz32wv1k3/DSCN0581.jpg

    https://s27.postimg.org/kgr30h0o3/DSCN0583.jpg
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    14 Dec '16 20:30
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I had one in "Berliner" bar, Friday evening, before the gig in vicinity.
    https://s27.postimg.org/nz32wv1k3/DSCN0581.jpg

    https://s27.postimg.org/kgr30h0o3/DSCN0583.jpg
    a wheat beer, look tasty! Later on I plan to have a Bavarian Weihnachtsbier, they are more full bodied and stronger than a traditional pilsner/lager, very tasty 😀
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526185
    14 Dec '16 20:54
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I had one in "Berliner" bar, Friday evening, before the gig in vicinity.
    https://s27.postimg.org/nz32wv1k3/DSCN0581.jpg

    https://s27.postimg.org/kgr30h0o3/DSCN0583.jpg
    Prost!

    Weihenstephan is great beer, though I prefer the Weizen when it is warm outside 🙂
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    15 Dec '16 09:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    a wheat beer, look tasty! Later on I plan to have a Bavarian Weihnachtsbier, they are more full bodied and stronger than a traditional pilsner/lager, very tasty 😀
    Actually the title of this thread says "yeast white beer".
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526185
    15 Dec '16 09:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Actually the title of this thread says "yeast white beer".
    Do you know of any wheat beer which is not a white beer?
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Dec '16 09:414 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Actually the title of this thread says "yeast white beer".
    Actually I was going by the hazy quality of the beer and the rather pronounced foam head both characteristic of a wheat beer.

    Wheat beer is a beer, usually top-fermented (lagers are bottom fermented), which is brewed with a large proportion of wheat relative to the amount of malted barley. The two main varieties are Weissbier and Witbier. 😀

    Germany makes some truly awesome beers which is in part due to the brewing process. They favour what is called a decoction mash, that is the pulling and boiling of certain portions of the malt to impart a more robust flavour. Mostly done away with because modern malts are so well modified by the malt companies, still it is used by traditional breweries. It served well in a time before thermometers and the enzymatic processes were fully understood.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    15 Dec '16 09:46
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Do you know of any wheat beer which is not a white beer?
    Well, beer is not really my "thing".

    Empty carbs and all that. 🙂
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Dec '16 09:483 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]Well, beer is not really my "thing".
    Clearly

    Beer is 92% water and contains among other things, amounts of magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, and vitamin B’s

    there are less carbs in beer than in Orange juice,

    http://www.sparkpeople.com/food_vs_food.asp?food=99_106_orange-juice_versus_beer
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526185
    15 Dec '16 09:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Clearly beer is 92% water and contains among other things, amounts of magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, and vitamin B’s
    ...and we only drink that for health reasons 😉

    I hope I might add 🙂
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Dec '16 09:54
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...and we only drink that for health reasons 😉

    I hope I might add 🙂
    Indeed a beer a day keeps the doctor away 😵
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    15 Dec '16 11:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Beer is 92% water and contains among other things, amounts of magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, and vitamin B’s

    there are less carbs in beer than in Orange juice,
    As a diabetic, I know a bit about carbs (more than I do about beer).

    For very nearly the same calories, beer is practically nutrient-free, whereas OJ has easily 2x to 2.5x the RDA of Vitamin C and one-fifth the RDA of Vitamin B1.

    Beer has anywhere from 5 to 11 grams of carbs per 12 oz serving.

    OJ has anywhere from 24 to 29 grams of carbs per 8 oz serving (because that is mostly sugars).

    So I don't drink OJ, either.
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Dec '16 11:52
    I drink the King of Beers as I have noted a number of times. Best to drink it on a hot day while mowing the lawn. Before you know it the lawn is mowed and you can't walk or talk strait.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    15 Dec '16 12:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    I drink the King of Beers as I have noted a number of times. Best to drink it on a hot day while mowing the lawn. Before you know it the lawn is mowed and you can't walk or talk strait.
    Or go down the wrong strait.
  14. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Dec '16 12:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Or go down the wrong strait.
    Why do I always spell straight wrong? 🙄
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    15 Dec '16 12:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As a diabetic, I know a bit about carbs (more than I do about beer).

    For very nearly the same calories, beer is practically nutrient-free, whereas OJ has easily 2x to 2.5x the RDA of Vitamin C and one-fifth the RDA of Vitamin B1.

    Beer has anywhere from 5 to 11 grams of carbs per 12 oz serving.

    OJ has anywhere from 24 to 29 grams of carbs per 8 oz serving (because that is mostly sugars).

    So I don't drink OJ, either.
    As if you had enough trouble, you add diabetes to the list. There are developments in that field though, I hear stem cell research is coming up with ways to regenerate the pancreas, so I hope you will be able to pass that particular debacle.
Back to Top