General Forum

General Forum

1. Joined
    23 Mar '13
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 16:26
    Hi i'm new to chess never played it before in fact am still reading the rules but i believe i am now unbeatable, just learnt about a canny passing move. :-)
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 17:07
    Originally posted by jeremyjester
    Hi i'm new to chess never played it before in fact am still reading the rules but i believe i am now unbeatable, just learnt about a canny passing move. :-)
    hi jerry glad to hear u have picked the game up in moments good luck .
  3. Joined
    23 Mar '13
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 17:54
    Cheers red used to be a member on chessworld but sadly cant get to the login page for some uncanny reason, hope to play you and argue with you soon about my uncanny ability about this brand new passing move its a bit like this new forest that has been found, so new it does not yet have a name.
  4. Joined
    11 Apr '14
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 17:57
    😛
  5. Joined
    23 Mar '13
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:00
    oh not nice....:-)
  6. Joined
    11 Apr '14
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:031 edit
    En passant - French for "in passing" - is probably the most confusing move for novice chess players. In fact, many may not even know the move exists, making it the source of many arguments

http://chess.about.com/od/rulesofchess/ss/Specialrules_3.htm
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:071 edit
    Cheers red used to be a member on chessworld but sadly cant get to the login page for some uncanny reason, hope to play you and argue with you soon about my uncanny ability about this brand new passing move its a bit like this new forest that has been found, so new it does not yet have a name.
    yes I know they toyed with various names but no one could agree so it remains new forest/aparantly there is one in Germany named after a chocolate cake/I was a member of chessworld but thought it poor try GameKnot chess a site that has features not on RHP its free and you start with 6 but as you progress you end up with 12
  8. Joined
    23 Mar '13
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:17
    En passant - French for "in passing" - is probably the most confusing move for novice chess players. In fact, many may not even know the move exists, making it the source of many arguments

very true but its not really a confusing move when used to it.
    but yes on the board does creatye arguments when not known by your opponent.
  9. Joined
    23 Mar '13
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:20
    i know the one you mean i went through Germany a couple of times and saw the aforementioned forest but did not dare go in, it looked to dark for me.
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:27
    i know the one you mean i went through Germany a couple of times and saw the aforementioned forest but did not dare go in, it looked to dark for me.
    well whenever your en passant just pop in for a game I may introduce u to castling.the wonders never end
  11. Joined
    11 Apr '14
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:29

very true but its not really a confusing move when used to it.
    but yes on the board does creatye arguments when not known by your opponent.
    Do you reckon someone would know it after only playing Chess for a week?
  12. Joined
    11 Apr '14
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:29
    Originally posted by redbadger
    well whenever your en passant just pop in for a game I may introduce u to castling.the wonders never end
    🙂
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:33
    Originally posted by DevAdvocate606
    🙂
    that takes an extra day
  14. Joined
    11 Apr '14
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:35
    Originally posted by redbadger
    that takes an extra day
    As I said, give him a fortnight and he'll be a GM. I'll bet he never plays blitz though.
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 18:37
    Originally posted by DevAdvocate606
    As I said, give him a fortnight and he'll be a GM. I'll bet he never plays blitz though.
    he has 10 games on today his chess engine must be SMOKING