1. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 11:47
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Oh dear.
    I never even realised you were in a nursing home.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 15:39
    @padretx
    you've been at RHP for 11 years so you're not a phony. I wish you luck and your friend as well.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 03:35
    @the-gravedigger said
    When I was there in the early 90's that would have cost about $80.
    And the girls would have fought like alley cats so better just to stick to one.
    That reminds me, a few months back was in the old town in Cartagena, at night the girls come out looking for, well, you know. So I'm sitting having a beer, police are all around the square trying to enforce covid restrictions and all of a sudden two girl break into a full on fight, down on the ground punching, pulling hair, the screams of them. Of course a large crowd gathered around them to watch and I wasn't that bothered so just sat watching everyone, of course the police come and took them away... the crowd disperses and the brief moment of madness ends.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 04:231 edit
    @padretx said
    To the administrators of this forum (if applicable): It's possible that this post isn't appropriate for this forum. If that is the case, please delete it.

Hi. My name is David. During the past year I have spoken every week with an artist in Colombia by videocall. He teaches painting and drawing at the National University of Colombia in Bogotá. He wants to come to the U.S. ...[text shortened]... this site) and I'll send you the link to the GoFundMe page. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    This teacher seems to have a good job in his country, and access to most of the artistic education he can get here in the US. So - why does he need to study here??
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 10:01
    @trev33 said
    That reminds me, a few months back was in the old town in Cartagena, at night the girls come out looking for, well, you know. So I'm sitting having a beer, police are all around the square trying to enforce covid restrictions and all of a sudden two girl break into a full on fight, down on the ground punching, pulling hair, the screams of them. Of course a large crowd gathered ...[text shortened]... urse the police come and took them away... the crowd disperses and the brief moment of madness ends.
    The life you live!

Sounds pretty good entertainment actually.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 May '21 23:03
    @padretx said
    To the administrators of this forum (if applicable): It's possible that this post isn't appropriate for this forum. If that is the case, please delete it.

Hi. My name is David. During the past year I have spoken every week with an artist in Colombia by videocall. He teaches painting and drawing at the National University of Colombia in Bogotá. He wants to come to the U.S. ...[text shortened]... this site) and I'll send you the link to the GoFundMe page. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Why the U.S.? There are some parts of South America that are like Europe South. Is he looking for a faculty or museum-admin position in the U.S.?
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 May '21 01:22
    @kevin-eleven said
    Why the U.S.? There are some parts of South America that are like Europe South. Is he looking for a faculty or museum-admin position in the U.S.?
    If he can’t afford to pay his way there and for the studies at the moment the chances of getting a visa are slim. They want to go there because they think it’s a better life but don’t realise how good they have it in Colombia, being a teacher in a university he probably has a cleaner, stays in a nice secure apartment, takes taxis frequently and eats out often. Major shock coming in the states.
  8. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 May '21 01:28
    Probably a fake go fund me that some suckers have called for...

Wouldn't be the first time 🤔
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 May '21 01:323 edits
    @trev33 said
    If he can’t afford to pay his way there and for the studies at the moment the chances of getting a visa are slim. They want to go there because they think it’s a better life but don’t realise how good they have it in Colombia, being a teacher in a university he probably has a cleaner, stays in a nice secure apartment, takes taxis frequently and eats out often. Major shock coming in the states.
    Yeah, it's not necessarily better here, especially now that all (?) of the nutcases have come out of the woodwork. Lots of Americans are scouting around for other places to live.

I regret that I only have a little Spanish (both for literacy and mobility), and that lack had to do with my not liking green olives (which we called Spanish Olives back when I was a kid). But for balance, I don't know any Cantonese either.

But as a gay man I wouldn't want to deal with the anti-gay hostility from the Hispaphonics (I think the word homophobia is inaccurate).
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 May '21 01:531 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Yeah, it's not necessarily better here, especially now that all (?) of the nutcases have come out of the woodwork. Lots of Americans are scouting around for other places to live.

I regret that I only have a little Spanish (both for literacy and mobility), and that lack had to do with my not liking green olives (which we called Spanish Olives back when I was a kid). Bu ...[text shortened]... deal with the anti-gay hostility from the Hispaphonics (I think the word homophobia is inaccurate).
    I very much doubt you'd have a problem in Colombia for your sexuality, it's very much an open society, a lot of openly gay and trans people here.

https://colombia.travel/en/blog/colombia-lgbt-destination
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 May '21 02:071 edit
    @trev33 said
    I very much doubt you'd have a problem in Colombia for your sexuality, it's very much an open society, a lot of openly gay and trans people here.

https://colombia.travel/en/blog/colombia-lgbt-destination
    Thank you. I do have some French and Russian, so learning Spanish should not be a problem.

My Dad is 85, and although he is still fairly robust and can live independently for now, I should probably stay up here for a few years just in case.

During the course of which sexbots will probably propose amendments to the US Constitution.

P.S. -- I also know my Brazilian cousins are cool with me being gay.

Plus: Thank you, Jesuits. Thank you so much. And the Church of Rome. And the Ancient Jews. Thanks. Great work.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 May '21 02:23
    Brazil still has a lot of issues, especially with trans people, I'd say Colombia is a lot more accepting. The rest of S. America not so much but not as bad as Russia.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 May '21 02:26
    @trev33 said
    Brazil still has a lot of issues, especially with trans people, I'd say Colombia is a lot more accepting. The rest of S. America not so much but not as bad as Russia.
    Thank you. Good to know just in case.

What the hell is wrong with these people? !!!

winking but not winking
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 May '21 02:291 edit
    Hmm, this must be about studying for some transitory certificate, not to study art in the long view. To study for a certificate to get some academic job -- not to splash out some art which guides the people of planet Earth toward better directions.

A cat in the window turns purple before a storm
    This very poem is nonsense, and so it should be
    Oranges on the table and no bowl to be found
    A staircase of old wood is a staircase nonetheless

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree