make a GF thread that is worth reading
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 04:091 edit
    Originally posted by coquette

As you're well aware, it takes relaxed people with varied interests for sustained conversation to occur. Many such site members have disappeared. Others now post exclusively in the Debates, Spirituality Forums and Private Clubs. Yet others have found their niche in threads promoting 'word games'. You'll have my support in this worthwhile endeavor, though I'm concerned for your eventual disappointment. Few willingly accept the bitter addiction of a forlorn cause. Ice Cold's Opening Post to "Sticky Game Thread" in July 2009 ["The object is to keep this thread on top of page one. A game destined to fail."] may sadly come true in your own. Robert Frost's hauntingly lovely, New England Autumn Poem comes to mind. Best, gb

"The Oven Bird"

There is a singer everyone has heard,
    Loud, a mid-summer and a mid-wood bird,
    Who makes the solid tree trunks sound again.
    He says that leaves are old and that for flowers
    Mid-summer is to spring as one to ten.
    He says the early petal-fall is past
    When pear and cherry bloom went down in showers
    On sunny days a moment overcast;
    And comes that other fall we name the fall.
    He says the highway dust is over all.
    The bird would cease and be as other birds
    But that he knows in singing not to sing.
    The question that he frames in all but words
    Is what to make of a diminished thing.

(Robert Frost)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 06:54
    ok
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:18
    Well, although a "weak" start, let's see where this goeseh?
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 16:22
    i am currently thinking of a 'slash and burn' approach to the tomato blight ruining my crop...
    but then,
    the mushy parts of the love apples make them easy to puree into salsa...
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 20:45
    "Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?" - Mark Twain
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 21:24
    "If you're bored, you're boring." - 60's-70's human potential movement adage
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 14:11
    The meeting

They were to meet at the big clock on the market place. Karol was there about five minutes before three with some flowers he found at his landladies’ garden. A lot of people went by, but Anne was nowhere to be seen. Time went by also no Anne, Karol grew disappointed, then distressed, then when the clock beat four he went away to drink a beer or two or three...

Anne came to the clock at the market about five to three, and didn’t find Karol. She wasn’t to be seen alone in the streets and waited with anguish for him to appear. After he didn’t come up at quarter past and a policeman eyed her suspiciously, she went away, determined to tell him what she thought of this, dropping her handkerchief.

Later the evening the cleaner was on his way when he found a well preserved binding of flowers he stored separately to present to his wife. When he was through with marketplace he found on the other end a nice handkerchief to go with the flowers. What a happy day.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 13:45
    When He arrived home and presented His wife with the bounty from His days labour She was delighted with the flowers and asked Him where He had found Her handkerchief.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 14:12
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    When He arrived home and presented His wife with the bounty from His days labour She was delighted with the flowers and asked Him where He had found Her handkerchief.
    Why the brazen hussy.😲
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 14:24
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Why the brazen hussy.😲
    That Karol is no better than She should be either, I for one am glad that they missed each other, it's not like they would have sent me a video.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 14:31
    That Karol is no better than She should be either, I for one am glad that they missed each other, it's not like they would have sent me a video.
    I know how much you'd have enjoyed it and as such was prepared to video it...but hey no show eh? 🙁
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 16:53
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I know how much you'd have enjoyed it and as such was prepared to video it...but hey no show eh? 🙁
    It's the thought that counts, and thanks for all the other videos, specially the one with the penguin, I've never seen anything like it in my life, no I've never.......
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 18:11
    It's the thought that counts, and thanks for all the other videos, specially the one with the penguin, I've never seen anything like it in my life, no I've never.......
    You dolt that was a friend's wedding. Didn't the procession give it away or were you referring to the pool thingy afterwards with the fish?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree