1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 20:59
    @sonhouse said
    I too serve the musical community by NOT singing😉 I leave that to my wife when we do gigs. I am totally content to just play guitar or mandolin or keyboards.
    I am smart enough to keep my singing in the shower!!! 😉

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 21:01
    @chessturd said
    ...on second thought.
    I would need confirmation on at least 4 chicks showing up.
    I'm not going to a sausage party.
    I know you are the type of guy who thinks the women will be all over you!!! 😉

-VR
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 23:38
    @sonhouse said
    What do you think of Bova? I am reading 'New Earth' and am kind of put off by the premise, a near exact copy of Earth 8 ly away around one of the Sirius triplet stars, populated with humans........
    Sounds interesting.

The first novel by Bova I ever read was The Dueling Machine (1969). He's hard sci-fi in the mold of Clarke, or even Asimov.

More than any other genre, except maybe fantasy, sci-fi requires the suspension of disbelief. Without that, you won't get far.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 19:24
    @suzianne said
    Sounds interesting.

The first novel by Bova I ever read was The Dueling Machine (1969). He's hard sci-fi in the mold of Clarke, or even Asimov.

More than any other genre, except maybe fantasy, sci-fi requires the suspension of disbelief. Without that, you won't get far.
    New Earth is from 2012 or so.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 12:06
    @Suzianne
    I am close to finish with New Earth, it's my lunchtime read😉
    Funny thing is, the plot involves colliding black holes releasing enough gamma rays to destroy life in most of the galaxy, using 2012 science but now we have already detected several such events with LIGO and company and there was no such burst of deadly radiation that would kill us all 20,000 light years away from it.
    Funny how fast science exceeds sci fi sometimes😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree