General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    02 Mar '15 15:31
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I have nothing but bad experiences, from Amarillo to McAllen.

    Except Austin, of course.
    Saw your picture at the post office in McAllen. Nice reward too.
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Joined
    22 Aug '07
    Moves
    69090
    02 Mar '15 19:00
    ...Monty!!

    Can you please type your reply in the correct box?..
    Is this it? Sorry!
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    02 Mar '15 21:05
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Saw your picture at the post office in McAllen. Nice reward too.
    Pfff, 100k for such a specimen. It's ludicrous!
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    02 Mar '15 21:18
    Originally posted by Blackpoolmad
    It is my 50th in June (as seen in the title) and I want to go somewhere different for a holiday to celebrate.
    I am working class, so could never afford an expensive holiday, but I want to go to USA as I've never been and want to go.
    I'm asking my American chess playing friends for advice on where would be good to go on a budget?
    I'd love to go to Na ...[text shortened]... ome over and build you a sensational garden if you are rich and want to pay for our holiday 😀🙄
    Most Irish go to Boston, New York, Chicago and Orlando.
    All of them very good. Chicago is a lot less expensive than New York.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    03 Mar '15 03:581 edit
    Originally posted by Blackpoolmad
    It is my 50th in June (as seen in the title) and I want to go somewhere different for a holiday to celebrate.
    I am working class, so could never afford an expensive holiday, but I want to go to USA as I've never been and want to go.
    I'm asking my American chess playing friends for advice on where would be good to go on a budget?
    I'd love to go to Na ...[text shortened]... ome over and build you a sensational garden if you are rich and want to pay for our holiday 😀🙄
    Follow your first impulse: Nashville, Cincinnati and maybe a river cruise to New Orleans (lots of bars, lots of jazz). Distance between Nashville and Cincinnati is about 270 miles, most of it through the beautiful commonwealth of Kentucky. Rent a car and discover the wondrous joys of driving on the right.

    If you choose one of the big cities, I recommend joining a tour rather than wandering around on your own.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    03 Mar '15 04:08
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I have nothing but bad experiences, from Amarillo to McAllen.

    Except Austin, of course.
    While on the Midget Tag Team Wrestling Circuit, I imagine. lol
Back to Top