Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Sep 15

Originally posted by MontyMoose
There are just so many of them, my lady. 😉
Why not give the benefit of doubt rather than becoming cynical?
Why? Truth will eventually and inevitably out.

Australia

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by MontyMoose
Fricking hilarious, Div.

Let's get out the checklist:

1) Joined RHP a few days ago? Yes
2) Perfect W-L record? Yes
3) Posting "Hi" in the GF? Yes

I think we have a winner here. Come on folks, at least be clever about it.
You forgot the delayed commas and fullstops. 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
Nordlys is apparently alive and well.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Sep 15

What's a delayed comma?

F

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
What's a delayed comma?
You have to wait for a tiny amount of time before they appear when you are reading.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
We all hope so. But she probably never heard of a delayed comma, and she
probably knows that fullstops are actually full stops or, better yet, periods.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Sep 15

Nordlys' knowledge of English grammar and syntax is superior to many native-born English speakers.
It's unfair to connect her with your poor judgment, especially when she isn't here to defend herself.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

Nordlys' knowledge of English grammar and syntax is superior to many native-born English speakers.
It's unfair to connect her with your poor judgment, especially when she isn't here to defend herself.
Agree, Andy: @Nordlys "Last moved 608 days 5 hours and 22 minutes ago"

"Nordlys" is a misspelling of "noodles". A noodle is food made from unleavened dough that is cooked in a boiling liquid. Depending upon the type, noodles may be dried or refrigerated before cooking. The word noodle derives from the German Nudel (noodle) and may be related to the Latin word nodus (knot). In American English, noodle is a generic term for unleavened dough made from many different types of ingredients. Noodles exist in an abundance of shapes. You can't find any noodles on my homepage: http://home.online.no/~khgott/index-en.html"

Australia

Moves
07 Sep 15
3 edits

What's a delayed comma?
By "delayed commas and fullstops" I refer to that person's well-established writing trick of leaving one space between the end of the word and the punctuation mark which normally follows immediately. I used the word "fullstop" rather than "period" because it's less ambiguous and therefore more informative. But you knew that.

Avoiding the epithet "grammar Nazi" can be quite difficult. The occasional deliberate error can help out here.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Sep 15

By "delayed commas and fullstops" I refer to that person's well-established writing trick of leaving one space between the end of the word and the punctuation mark which normally follows immediately. I used the word "fullstop" rather than "period" because it's less ambiguous and therefore more informative. But you knew that.

Avoiding the epithet "grammar Nazi" can be quite difficult. The occasional deliberate error can help out here.
No self-respecting "grammar nazi" commits an error knowingly. Now and then I make mistakes, but never on purpose.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Sep 15
2 edits

Agree, Andy: @Nordlys "Last moved 608 days 5 hours and 22 minutes ago"

"Nordlys" is a misspelling of "noodles". A noodle is food made from unleavened dough that is cooked in a boiling liquid. Depending upon the type, noodles may be dried or refrigerated before cooking. The word noodle derives from the German Nudel (noodle) and may be related to the L ...[text shortened]... shapes. You can't find any noodles on my homepage: http://home.online.no/~khgott/index-en.html"
No. I think, instead, that "Nordlys" is probably (I don't speak Norwegian, so I don't know) more akin to a Norwegian version of "Northern Lights".

The "Nordlys"/"Noodles" similarity was played up on numerous occasions, but I doubt that is where the name came from, despite her profile statement. Nordlys enjoyed a good joke on occasion, like anyone else.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
No. I think, instead, that "Nordlys" is probably (I don't speak Norwegian, so I don't know) more akin to a Norwegian version of "Northern Lights".

The "Nordlys"/"Noodles" similarity was played up on numerous occasions, but I doubt that is where the name came from, despite her profile statement. Nordlys enjoyed a good joke on occasion, like anyone else.
Thank you.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Any guesses yet?
He wants us to know it's him.

If he is bright enough to win every game without using a chess engine then he is bright enough to disguise his identity.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
07 Sep 15

No self-respecting "grammar nazi" commits an error knowingly. Now and then I make mistakes, but never on purpose.
even though i do not qualify as a grammernazzi, or goodspeller,
i relish intentional 'errors'...

no man is immune from the saying of silly things,
the mischief is to say them intentionally...
samuel somebodyorother

F

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by rookie54
no man is immune from the saying of silly things,
the mischief is to say them intentionally...
Take it to Spirituality, spanky! 😵