General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    26 Sep '17 14:13
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41399164

    Crowdfunding to get $200,000 to prove Earth is flat! So far he has $650🙂🙂🙂
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10629
    26 Sep '17 14:35
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41399164

    Crowdfunding to get $200,000 to prove Earth is flat! So far he has $650🙂🙂🙂
    Apparently Freaky donated $635 of that.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    26 Sep '17 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Apparently Freaky donated $635 of that.
    Cheapskate! Wonder if he could get tax deduction for it?
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526328
    26 Sep '17 15:04
    I am astonished that he wants to lauch a satellite with 200.000$
    I would have thought that the cost were much higher...
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    26 Sep '17 20:03
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    I am astonished that he wants to lauch a satellite with 200.000$
    I would have thought that the cost were much higher...
    I guess he could get one of those student cubesats, they are about 100mmX100mm X100mm cube and you could get some kind of camera and transmitter in that but don't know how you would control spinning once it is launched. I guess if the camera is fast enough, it wouldn't matter since the curvature would be obvious in some frames anyway.
  6. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    26 Sep '17 20:13
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Apparently Freaky donated $635 of that.
    Freaky doesn't believe in it enough to spend money. In fact he doesn't believe in it at all.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    26 Sep '17 20:29
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Freaky doesn't believe in it enough to spend money. In fact he doesn't believe in it at all.
    You think he is just pulling our chains for giggles? I thought so at one point but he was too strident in his remarks, like the moon is self illuminating, the sun is about 50 miles across and orbits in a yo yo on a string kind of orbit above the flat Earth and Antarctica is wrapped around the edge of the Earth and so forth.
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    26 Sep '17 20:40
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    You think he is just pulling our chains for giggles? I thought so at one point but he was too strident in his remarks, like the moon is self illuminating, the sun is about 50 miles across and orbits in a yo yo on a string kind of orbit above the flat Earth and Antarctica is wrapped around the edge of the Earth and so forth.
    Of course he is. It's all a game.

    Ask him this "do you honestly state before your God that you believe that the earth is flat?" You won't get an affirmative reply.

    You're welcome.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    26 Sep '17 20:481 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Of course he is. It's all a game.

    Ask him this "do you honestly state before your God that you believe that the earth is flat?" You won't get an affirmative reply.

    You're welcome.
    Did you ask him that? And how do you know he is not agnostic or atheist? Anyway he put me on ignore so my comments are invisible to him🙂
  10. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    26 Sep '17 21:16
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Did you ask him that? And how do you know he is not agnostic or atheist? Anyway he put me on ignore so my comments are invisible to him🙂
    Just because you are on PM "ignore" doesn't affect forum posts.

    He claims he is a Christian.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    27 Sep '17 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Just because you are on PM "ignore" doesn't affect forum posts.

    He claims he is a Christian.
    I thought there was a setting to ignore forum posts from an individual. If not, he is reading my posts but not responding.
  12. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    27 Sep '17 19:27
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I thought there was a setting to ignore forum posts from an individual. If not, he is reading my posts but not responding.
    That's a Firefox script created by @bigdoggproblem
    Completely different.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52782
    27 Sep '17 19:54
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That's a Firefox script created by @bigdoggproblem
    Completely different.
    Which won't work if you use Chrome?
  14. Subscriberdivegeester
    Racist, apparently
    Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88343
    30 Sep '17 03:49
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Which won't work if you use Chrome?
    No, it's for Firefox. And it would be him using it to block you not you using it to see his posts.
  15. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Joined
    15 Feb '16
    Moves
    1685
    30 Sep '17 04:16
    this high schooler made a robot made of metal woth a balloon filled with helium or something likeethat, an air lighter than air thtstayed at the top of earths atmosphere until it popped. hr used a gps and like a remote toy car thingie where he made the signal strength longer, and attachef a go pro onto it. i could do that if ij had thr go pro 🙁 would only be like 30-75 dollars too, nitb includinf thr go lpro.
Back to Top