1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 22:32
    Pretty simple concept. Harvest teams of homeless people make them compete in games of skill. The prizes would be cases of beer, bags of weed, a shower and shave, a new pair of shoes, sleeping bags, a bag of crushed aluminum cans, a week in a hotel, a new bike with mini trailer, and a grand prize of $10,000.

I’m thinking the first competition would be to complete a backflip after running half a mile on a tread mill. Shortest time wins.

What other events and prizes would you suggest?
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 22:49
    intimate knowledge of the best intersections for handouts...
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 10:43
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Pretty simple concept. Harvest teams of homeless people make them compete in games of skill. The prizes would be cases of beer, bags of weed, a shower and shave, a new pair of shoes, sleeping bags, a bag of crushed aluminum cans, a week in a hotel, a new bike with mini trailer, and a grand prize of $10,000.

I’m thinking the first competition would be to complete a ...[text shortened]... half a mile on a tread mill. Shortest time wins.

So how long have you been homeless? Sorry to hear of your downward fall!!!

-VR
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 10:49
    @rookie54 said
    intimate knowledge of the best intersections for handouts...
    Yeah...and extra points for the most creative cardboard and crayon sign-crying.

(Seriously though: I am actually quite sympathetic toward some of the homeless I encounter; not all of them have manipulative addiction-related issues.)
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 10:511 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    Yeah...and extra points for the most creative cardboard and crayon sign-crying.

(Seriously though: I am actually quite sympathetic toward some of the homeless I encounter; not all of them have manipulative addiction-related issues.)
    Then you have HOH who loves to make a joke about the homeless.

Maybe he someday will find himself in the very same situation. It will not be so funny anymore.

-VR
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 12:36
    @very-rusty said
    Then you have HOH who loves to make a joke about the homeless.

Maybe he someday will find himself in the very same situation. It will not be so funny anymore.

-VR
    If I found myself in that situation, I would not be there for long. Anyone that has lived a life worth living has failures and setbacks behind them. You get back up, brush yourself off, and move on. Nobody is immune to misfortune, but, why willfully languish in it.

Oh, and everything is funny. Life is an enormous joke. You’re just to small to see it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 12:471 edit
    @hand-of-hecate said

I’m thinking the first competition would be to complete a ...[text shortened]... half a mile on a tread mill. Shortest time wins.

The kinder gentler hunger games?

It..............could....................................WORK!!

But no, people like blood and gore and pain and death too much. How's about rebuilding the Roman Coliseum and throw some Christians to the lions again?
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 13:32
    @whodey said

But no, people like blood and gore and pain and death too much. How's about rebuilding the Roman Coliseum and throw some Christians to the lions again?
    Now there's a reality show.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 15:56
    @hand-of-hecate said
    If I found myself in that situation, I would not be there for long. Anyone that has lived a life worth living has failures and setbacks behind them. You get back up, brush yourself off, and move on. Nobody is immune to misfortune, but, why willfully languish in it.
    hoh, you have no idea what the future holds for you or what, you'd be able to do if in the situation. Things in life happen that you can't do a thing about. Some homeless people use to live in big houses and drive Town cars. Yet events in life is how they got there. You should try talking to some of these people you see out in the streets, as they all have a story to tell.

-VR
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 16:55
    @whodey said

We can definitely burn some Religious zealots. Let’s throw some politicians to the lions while we’re at it.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 19:53
    @hand-of-hecate said

Oh, and everything is funny. Life is an enormous joke. You’re just to small to see it.
    You are so small you can smell it.
  12. Playing with matches
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 23:36
    @sonhouse said
    You are so small you can smell it.
    Ah, and yet I tower above you and Very Rusty. You are to me as ants are to a mountain. You should consider yourself blessed to even be acknowledged by me. I am so far beyond you that my whims and intellectual acumen make no sense to you. You might well contemplate the nature of God as look upon me.
  13. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 23:45
    This concept was done on a show called Shameless which runs on Showtime. It was called the "Hobo Games"
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 23:50
    @yeah-boy said
    This concept was done on a show called Shameless which runs on Showtime. It was called the "Hobo Games"
    Genius.
  15. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '19 00:13
    Everybody is basically homeless if nobody has a grasp on reality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree