General Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '15 20:41
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "they (homosexuals) need to be accepted among family and friends but not as
    school teachers or political leaders."
    --ThomasGlass

Why shouldn't a professionally qualified gay/lesbian person be allowed to teach?
    ThomasGlass does not have to vote for a gay/lesbian political candidate.

"but let us not let them (homosexuals) become what is normal. they are not normal."
    --ThomasGlass

Why is ThomasGlass afraid that a homosexual minority could 'convert' the heterosexual majority?
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    17 May '15 20:46
    dick...
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '15 21:54
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    --ThomasGlass

Why shouldn't a professionally qualified gay/lesbian person be allowed to teach?

"but let us not let them (homosexuals) become what is normal. th ...[text shortened]...
    Why is ThomasGlass afraid that a homosexual minority could 'convert' the heterosexual majority?
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Intolerance should be what is not 'normal'.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 May '15 22:23
    You seem very interested in homosexuality, mr. Glass.

That's alright, we all have hidden fantasies.

Would you be the mailman or the letterbox?
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '15 22:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Intolerance should be what is not 'normal'.
    While I don't think that a teacher's sexual orientation should influence one's hiring, I believe
    that a school could be better off with some LGBT teachers because they could be positive
    role models for LGBT students.

I knew a woman who taught dramatic arts at a private college in a conservative Christian
    nearly all-white town in the United States. (Even though she's a convert to Buddhism, a
    local Christian church invited her to sing in its choir because she's a quite good soprano.)
    Many students in the theatre department were gay/lesbian. As about the only adult they
    could trust in discussing their sexuality, she became accustomed to listening to her 'closet'
    gay/lesbian students talk about their personal problems, particularly their fear that people
    in their families or in the general community would discover their secrets. It was a painful
    burden for the gay/lesbian students to have to keep concealing their sexual orientations.
    Eventually, some people became convinced that she was a 'bad influence' upon her students
    because she would not say (unlike some local Christian clergymen) that homosexuality is sinful.
    Why should a private Christian college tolerate a Buddhist teacher who sympathized with
    her gay/lesbian students? After losing her job, she moved far away. Before she left, many
    of her students told her how deeply they would miss her and that no one could replace her.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Fort Lauderdale
    Moves
    18 May '15 07:26
    "but let us not let them become what is normal."

The OP doesn't bother me, except this statement.. It doesn't quite fit with the rest..
    Does he mean that he doesn't want to know about such things? Or rather, put an end to the vitriol?
  7. Joined
    22 May '10
    Moves
    18 May '15 07:54
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    --ThomasGlass

"but let us not let them (homosexuals) become what is normal. th ...[text shortened]...
    If you want to be naive and conform to the liberal medias brainwashing homophobia nonsense don't try and sound clever just open your mouth and just say baaaaaaaa .If a person was attracted to animals and the animal didn't seam to mind would you say a relationship was a perversion . Don't be emotional and say you can not compare such things there are all sorts of levels of deviant behaviour and normality.Use your brain not your rear end which has a specific purpose.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    18 May '15 07:56
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    "but let us not let them become what is normal."

The OP doesn't bother me, except this statement.. It doesn't quite fit with the rest..
    Does he mean that he doesn't want to know about such things? Or rather, put an end to the vitriol?
    He's clearly homophobic but wants not to be seen as such. He fears what he doesn't understand.
  9. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    18 May '15 08:32
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    He's clearly homophobic but wants not to be seen as such. He fears what he doesn't understand.
    The opening post is just a provocation, nothing else.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 May '15 08:39
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Perhaps he fears what he DOES understand.
  11. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    18 May '15 08:50
    Not Me