1. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 15:30
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    That spoon looks as if it's a pain to clean. If you ask me, it looks like a gimmick. I'm happy enough with my metal teaspoon for now, but if I see an ordinary narrow wooden spoon when I'm browsing a kitchen shop, I'll get one.
    here in rural america, it's known as a "honey dipper", rather than a spoon...
    i just happen to turn many small items on my lathe in my shop, and honey dippers are just one kitchen item that sells well...
    as for cleaning, some folks never do...
    the honey in some homes is stored in a covered pot, a lot like a sugar bowl, and the honey dipper is stored right in the pot, like the sugar spoon is sometimes kept in the sugar bowl...
    if it ever gets nasty (and i've yet to see one i wouldn't eat from) soak it in hot water for two or three minutes and rinse clean...

sugar does not spoil...
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 15:31
    Originally posted by rookie54
    here in rural america, it's known as a "honey dipper", rather than a spoon...
    i just happen to turn many small items on my lathe in my shop, and honey dippers are just one kitchen item that sells well...
    as for cleaning, some folks never do...
    the honey in some homes is stored in a covered pot, a lot like a sugar bowl, and the honey dipper is stored righ ...[text shortened]... soak it in hot water for two or three minutes and rinse clean...

sugar does not spoil...
    It spoiled me.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 20:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree