1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 15:57
    @handyandy said
    You've been around here long enough to know that Grampy Bobby, love him or hate him, is a lightning rod for conflict, especially in the General Forum. A better place for your Honor Roll idea would be the Site Ideas Forum. Post a brief announcement in the GF that nominations and constructive ideas will be entertained there.
    Andy,

I must say that I believe you are correct on that GB's name alone is going to be a conflict in the GF or any forum for that matter. I don't know though that posting it in Site Ideas would make any difference.

-VR
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 01:131 edit
    Notwithstanding the several pages of ping-pong slap-me-slap-you distraction ~ and as potentially unpopular as my opinion may be ~ I still maintain that poster @coquette new exactly what they were doing when they started this thread and intended it to be a ‘flame’, a “lightning rod for conflict” as @handyandy described it.

This is not a criticism btw, certainly not. Just an observation.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 14:09
    @divegeester said
    Notwithstanding the several pages of ping-pong slap-me-slap-you distraction ~ and as potentially unpopular as my opinion may be ~ I still maintain that poster @coquette new exactly what they were doing when they started this thread and intended it to be a ‘flame’, a “lightning rod for conflict” as @handyandy described it.

This is not a criticism btw, certainly not. Just an observation.
    You will notice the threads with conflict in them have a tendency to be longer threads!!! 😉

-VR
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 17:27
    @very-rusty said
    You will notice the threads with conflict in them have a tendency to be longer threads!!! 😉
    Do you have any constructive ideas on the Honor Roll or are you just going to pass the time with nonsense?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 18:22
    @handyandy said
    Do you have any constructive ideas on the Honor Roll or are you just going to pass the time with nonsense?
    I haven't seen you say one constructive thing up until this post Andy, and it really isn't all that constructive just striking out swinging wildly in mid air which you do. 😉

-VR
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 13:12
    As was said earlier in the thread:

If we really would want to have a Honour Roll we would need at first to agree on a set of criteria and then we would need (a probably heavily moderated) thread in which only constructive posting would happen.

And probably a thread in which the only various members of the Roll would be posted together with an account of their exploits leading them into said roll.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 14:46
    @ponderable said
    As was said earlier in the thread:

If we really would want to have a Honour Roll we would need at first to agree on a set of criteria and then we would need (a probably heavily moderated) thread in which only constructive posting would happen.

And probably a thread in which the only various members of the Roll would be posted together with an account of their exploits leading them into said roll.
    I say good luck with that in the GF!!! 😉

-VR
  8. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 18:42
    Being the same person as aspviper666,IceCold etc etc
    Art's alive, working full time, enjoying life as best as he can.
    I've spoken on the phone, texted, interacted with many here.
    I lost contact with GB some years back, no idea about him.
    Thank you all for your kind words. I'm still an insufferable prick, but love you all.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 19:04
    @gambrel said
    Thank you all for your kind words. I'm still an insufferable prick, but love you all.
    ChessPraxis?
  10. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 19:06
    @torunn said
    ChessPraxis?
    Yes ☺
    Hi
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 19:10
    @gambrel said
    Yes ☺
    Hi
    Hi you too, nice to see you again. We are pretty much the same people here too, still struggling with chess games... 🙂
  12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 19:10
    @gambrel said
    Yes ☺
    Hi
    show me yer cleaver, beaver...
  13. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 20:211 edit
    "Trust me son, in a few years naming you Beaver Cleaver is really going to pay off." -Ward Cleaver
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 20:331 edit
    @gambrel said
    "Trust me son, in a few years naming you Beaver Cleaver is really going to pay off." -Ward Cleaver
    @gambrel said

Hi Old Pal,

Very nice to see your typing style again! We miss you in the Clan too, I am sure I can speak for most of the guys we have there now. I am now the biggest prick on here, just ask anyone....LOL... 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree