1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '13 22:595 edits
    1 tall glass with handle (latte glass is perfect)
    1 liberal measure of whisky
    1 dash of Robinsons fruit and barley diluting orange
    1 teaspoon of honey
    boiling water

mix all the ingredients in the latte glass and top up with boiling water, stir to dissolve honey, find quiet place and relax your mind and body.

thanks for trying Robbies fast traditional hot toddy, 😀

all ingredients are natural and free from artificial colours or preservatives,
    suitable for vegetarians, Robbies hot Toddy is a trademark of Robbies
    cottage industries incorporated, all rights reserved, does not effect your
    statutory rights. Established since 1977. May contain traces of nuts.
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '13
    Moves
    07 May '13 23:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Orange in Whiskey 😲

Dry Ginger Ale yes 😉
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    07 May '13 23:25
    1 teaspoon of honey
    boiling water

mix all the ingredients in the latte glass and top up with boiling water, stir to dissolve honey, find quiet place and relax your mind and body.

thanks for trying Robbies ...[text shortened]... , does not effect your
    You forgot to mention to leave a metal spoon in the glass.
    If you don't it will shatter when you pour in boiling water.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 May '13 23:351 edit
    1 teaspoon of honey
    boiling water

thanks for trying Robbies ...[text shortened]... , does not effect your
    Pour honey along with a double shot of rum, brandy or whiskey into the bottom of your cup.
    Make your favorite tea, pour it in said cup, stir and add lemon slice.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '13 01:341 edit
    "Virgin Hot Toddy"

"Why didn’t I think of this before? A virgin hot toddy with apple cider vinegar to fight a cold. I got a cold, and I didn’t pay attention and take care of myself in the early stages. I stayed up late and worked on home movies, homework, and one million other things. I was sipping the vinegar, and learned that sipping the vinegar is much more effective if you sip it straight — like a shot. No dilution.

Grandma used to make the traditional hot toddy (yes, according to Wikipedia it’s toddy not tottie) with Whiskey, but of course, like all good things, the American Lung Association now recommends avoiding alcoholic beverages as a remedy for the cold, as these cause dehydration. But I drank one anyway. It was amazingly good and smooth. But, the next morning, I still had the cold. So, I made myself a virgin version of the Hot Toddy. I adapted this recipe from the Food Network Kitchens: 2 to 3 ounces apple cider vinegar, top shelf preferred, of course; 1 ounce honey; 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice.

Warm the vinegar, honey, and lemon juice in a small saucepan until honey dissolves and the drink is hot, but not boiling. Pour into a mug. Drink. Optional: Add a teaspoon of ginger syrup to the mix. Because we all know that ginger helps fight a cold too. (1 lemon; 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh ginger with peel, about 8 ounces; 1 cup sugar; 2 cups water)

Remove the outer peel of the lemon with a vegetable peeler, taking care not to include too much of the bitter white pith. Finely chop the lemon peel and ginger in a food processor. Transfer the lemon-ginger mixture to a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Makes two cups. I’m feeling much better." (Susiej)
    http://www.susiej.com/virgin-hot-toddy-recipe/
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '13 03:151 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Pour honey along with a double shot of rum, brandy or whiskey into the bottom of your cup.
    Make your favorite tea, pour it in said cup, stir and add lemon slice.
    ^This is much more my style, although I would add a dollop of milk and a generous amount of cinnamon (perhaps a stick, but prefer 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of powder) rather than lemon. (Yeah, I know that tradition dictates citrus of some kind, but I prefer milk with tea or coffee.)
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '13 07:441 edit
    thank you for all suggestions and variations on a theme, wishing you all a very relaxing day 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree