1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 20:39
    Where do they come from?
    I remember, few years ago, when I was traveling for 37 days, a neighbor told me that other neighbors were talking about moths in front of the door of my apartment, and that they even sniffed around, to see (smell) if there is a dead body in the apartment...

I sometimes forget half-eaten croissant in a bag, hanging on door tag, and so...

They usually freak me out, I feel like in "Silence of the Lambs" movie.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 22:01
    Last summer we had a lot more moths than usual in the U.K. By the autumn I discovered that I had an infestation of moth larvae which had eaten their way through a piece of carpet in a neglected corner of my home. There were larvae crawling under the carpet which I had to treat it with a moth insecticide.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 22:02
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Last summer we had a lot more moths than usual in the U.K. By the autumn I discovered that I had an infestation of moth larvae which had eaten their way through a piece of carpet in a neglected corner of my home. There were larvae crawling under the carpet which I had to treat it with a moth insecticide.
    The rabbit not partial to the odd caterpillar?
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 22:08
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    The rabbit not partial to the odd caterpillar?
    Only if sandwiched between fresh leaves. 🙂
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 22:13
    There was the solution then.

Save on moth killer.

Buy an out of date iceburg lettuce (5p?), shred the leaves under the carpet and let Thumper off the leash!
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 09:05
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    There was the solution then.

Save on moth killer.

Buy an out of date iceburg lettuce (5p?), shred the leaves under the carpet and let Thumper off the leash!
    With nasty, big, pointy teeth!
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 21:02
    Vampire butterflies
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 21:04
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Where do they come from?
    I remember, few years ago, when I was traveling for 37 days, a neighbor told me that other neighbors were talking about moths in front of the door of my apartment, and that they even sniffed around, to see (smell) if there is a dead body in the apartment...

I sometimes forget half-eaten croissant in a bag, hanging on door tag, and so...

They usually freak me out, I feel like in "Silence of the Lambs" movie.
    We make cedar chests for a reason. The bugs you are bugged about do not like cedar. I guess there is a sort of oil involved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree