1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '14 18:49
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Ya and I heard they have WOMD. Quick, call George "W" he still wields some influence on the current administration right?
    WoMen MD's? They allow that sort of thing in Scotland?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:071 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    WoMen MD's? They allow that sort of thing in Scotland?
    Id settle for English Independence. Please England have a referendum and kick Scotland out of the UK. Heck make us a part of Ireland, Norway, even Iceland, float us over the Baltic to join with Russia or even over to Canada, we wouldn't take up much space. South America looks good, we could slide right up to Peru or Costa Rica and fill in that little skinny bit below Mexico.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:27
    If we get independence then the next referendum will be should we repatriate every englishman that doesn't leave our country voluntary the option being hang, draw & quarter in memory of many scots that were dealt that way by the infedels
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:301 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    If we get independence then the next referendum will be should we repatriate every englishman that doesn't leave our country voluntary the option being hang, draw & quarter in memory of many scots that were dealt that way by the infedels
    can we keep their women and precious metals or should we need to kick them out as well? meh we can always go raiding as the need arises.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    can we keep their women and precious metals or should we need to kick them out as well? meh we can always go raiding as the need arises.
    One thing to think about seriously: You may be denied entry into the Eurozone if it goes through, for fear of the separatists in Cyprus and Spain following suite?

What will you do as a country if denied entry into the Euro?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:46
    One thing to think about seriously: You may be denied entry into the Eurozone if it goes through, for fear of the separatists in Cyprus and Spain following suite?

What will you do as a country if denied entry into the Euro?
    Dude who needs the Eurozone when you got 24 billion barrels of oil. We shall rejoice that we don't need to pay the subscription fees until they beg us to join.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:49
    Dude who needs the Eurozone when you got 24 billion barrels of oil. We shall rejoice that we don't need to pay the subscription fees until they beg us to join.
    I think you are being overly optimistic. You do know real estate will take a dump if you go free? Sure there are up sides but you have to take a close look at the down sides too. 24 billion barrels at, say, max 100 dollars a barrel, a couple of trillion but then what when you run out? 2 tril is chicken feed to the US.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:58
    I think you are being overly optimistic. You do know real estate will take a dump if you go free? Sure there are up sides but you have to take a close look at the down sides too. 24 billion barrels at, say, max 100 dollars a barrel, a couple of trillion but then what when you run out? 2 tril is chicken feed to the US.
    dude you are suddenly an expert economist that you can predict house prices? can you tell us on what your predictions are based? amazing, as for the oil if one invests if for the good of the nation then it doesn't matter if it runs out, or we could always end up sixty quadrillion zillion in debt like the US, now almost a failed state.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 01:311 edit
    dude you are suddenly an expert economist that you can predict house prices? can you tell us on what your predictions are based? amazing, as for the oil if one invests if for the good of the nation then it doesn't matter if it runs out, or we could always end up sixty quadrillion zillion in debt like the US, now almost a failed state.
    You think the US is a failed state? You do know we are still #1 GNP right? Sure some asssholes got us in debt big time but it's not a killer by any means. We are in debt some 17 tril but we make nearly that much every year. It's not like we are going broke. You get in trouble when the national debt goes like 2X the GNP and we are not near that, at least not yet.

Personally I think the US IS falling behind relative to where we were like 40 years ago, when we were launching people to the moon and so forth, we were on top of the world and had been for 20 years at that point but clearly we are slowly losing ground to China and Brazil and such, in terms of GNP but also in terms of science papers, no longer #1.

Politicians don't give a crap about that, as long as they get their golden parachutes at the end of their bought off terms.

That said, we ain't dead yet.

We are weaning off Opec oil and may soon be the major exporter of oil from within our own borders.

There are a lot of things going on in the energy sector that can put us back on the map if the political will is there, not so sure of that though.

I think we really screwed up 50 years ago when we gave up being major steel producers, now we buy from overseas. That was really stupid, Germany started making much more efficient furnaces, processes to make iron while we stupidly stuck with the old crap we had used for the last century or so and WOW, we lost out there. Who would have known?🙂

But don't count us out till China takes over the US, then YOU better watch out.

As for your independence day, maybe it will work out in the long run but I predict a lot of baby pains till you can take off on your own. I am just saying weigh all the pluses and minuses before you jump into 18 September, independence day.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 09:342 edits
    You think the US is a failed state? You do know we are still #1 GNP right? Sure some asssholes got us in debt big time but it's not a killer by any means. We are in debt some 17 tril but we make nearly that much every year. It's not like we are going broke. You get in trouble when the national debt goes like 2X the GNP and we are not near that, at least not ...[text shortened]... ust saying weigh all the pluses and minuses before you jump into 18 September, independence day.
    dude you were on the verges of shutting down the federal government! twice! how embarrassing! so you cannot tell us on what your predictions were based and the matter is one of pure conjecture, fine.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 11:03
    dude you were on the verges of shutting down the federal government! twice! how embarrassing! so you cannot tell us on what your predictions were based and the matter is one of pure conjecture, fine.
    Reports are that Prime Minister Cameron is carrying a sign that reads: "Please Don't Go (Except Carrobie)!"
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 11:57
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Reports are that Prime Minister Cameron is carrying a sign that reads: "Please Don't Go (Except Carrobie)!"
    If we become Independent I may become King of Scotland, being a MacGregor on my mothers side and of royal lineage. If I do i will personally summon you to Scone Place for I shall be hiring jesters to keep me amused!
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 13:19
    If we become Independent I may become King of Scotland, being a MacGregor on my mothers side and of royal lineage. If I do i will personally summon you to Scone Place for I shall be hiring jesters to keep me amused!
    he is a fully certified twat, you don't need any more twats in Scotland.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 13:31
    Originally posted by redbadger
    he is a fully certified twat, you don't need any more twats in Scotland.
    Twat are you talking about?
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 13:38
    Twat are you talking about?
    It's a weasel word.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree