General Forum

General Forum

1. Dumnonia
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 21:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I have no idea, you will need to ask my wife.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 00:08
    Nothing 🙂
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 00:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have no idea, you will need to ask my wife.
    My daughters are 29 and 32. No grandkids yet. I am trying to encourage us to limit the material gift giving in favor of my taking us on an annual adventure. Last Februrary we swam with wild manatees in Florida. Not sure yet what we will do this year.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 01:58
    Originally posted by Phranny
    My daughters are 29 and 32. No grandkids yet. I am trying to encourage us to limit the material gift giving in favor of my taking us on an annual adventure. Last Februrary we swam with wild manatees in Florida. Not sure yet what we will do this year.
    32 - the clock is ticking 😵

This is why I like being a guy, we have more time to decide if we want to have kids or not. I'm 28 and really still have no idea, certainly not in the next few years.

More and more people choosing not to have kids, aging population with better medication will turn into a serous problem soon.
  5. Dumnonia
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 03:11
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Nice idea
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 09:57
    Enough to make the children happy. We don't have more food than normal, just a little different.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 12:26
    I tend to oversleep holidays, also Christmas. Sometimes the scenes with TV film with George C. Scott (Christmas Carol) crosses my mind, causing some unclear anxiety, but what can I do? It´s cute, however, to treat myself with nice food after the holiday, when everyone else is desperate due empty wallets... I thin I spend more during Chinese New Year... 😉
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 13:14
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I tend to oversleep holidays, also Christmas. Sometimes the scenes with TV film with George C. Scott (Christmas Carol) crosses my mind, causing some unclear anxiety, but what can I do? It´s cute, however, to treat myself with nice food [b]after the holiday, when everyone else is desperate due empty wallets... I thin I spend more during Chinese New Year... 😉[/b]
    Is the Chinese New Year like Chinese food? After about an hour you feel like another?
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 11:531 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    32 - the clock is ticking 😵

This is why I like being a guy, we have more time to decide if we want to have kids or not. I'm 28 and really still have no idea, certainly not in the next few years.

More and more people choosing not to have kids, aging population with better medication will turn into a serous problem soon.
    This is only happening in Westernised countries, there are more than enough being raised in other places. Might make immigrant families a bit more welcome because their families usually include more than two children, who help to fill the gaps as they grow up and enter the workforce.