1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '23 13:36
    Al Pacino 82 fathers another child with girlfriend 29

https://news.sky.com/story/al-pacino-expecting-fourth-child-at-83-this-time-with-29-year-old-girlfriend-noor-alfallah-12893515
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '23 14:35
    I think the plan should be to be around until the child is at least 18. So that should be taken into consideration. To that end, I'd say approximately 60 years of age ought to be the maximum.

But that's far from ideal. I think men should be parenting when they are younger and fitter and with a hope to see their offspring reach 40 or so and therefore meet their grandchildren.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 May '23 15:16
    @fmf said
    I think the plan should be to be around until the child is at least 18. So that should be taken into consideration. To that end, I'd say approximately 60 years of age ought to be the maximum.

But that's far from ideal. I think men should be parenting when they are younger and fitter and with a hope to see their offspring reach 40 or so and therefore meet their grandchildren.
    I was in the “or so range” (42 and 44) and met my first grandchild for the first time, 18 months ago.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '23 15:24
    @great-big-stees said
    I was in the “or so range” (42 and 44) and met my first grandchild for the first time, 18 months ago.
    I married at 30 years of age. My older child is 23. No "cucu"* yet.

* pronounced choochoo
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 14:41
    Evidently for me it was about age 61. I was in a suit. A woman claimed I was the father of her baby. A quick test proved her wrong. No match and no swimmers.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 15:09
    @gambrel said
    Evidently for me it was about age 61. I was in a suit. A woman claimed I was the father of her baby. A quick test proved her wrong. No match and no swimmers.
    I think it is a different age for different men. Depends on how strong your little swimmers are. πŸ™‚

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 15:34
    @very-rusty said
    I think it is a different age for different men. Depends on how strong your little swimmers are. πŸ™‚

-VR
    About a year after the arrival our our second offspring I became “incapable” and oddly enough it also coincided with the start of my pate hair disappearing.πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‘πŸ˜
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 16:01
    @great-big-stees said
    About a year after the arrival our our second offspring I became “incapable” and oddly enough it also coincided with the start of my pate hair disappearing.πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‘πŸ˜
    They both could be hereditary by your Mom, or Dad. You just didn't have a say in the matter is all. πŸ™‚

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 16:12
    @very-rusty said
    They both could be hereditary by your Mom, or Dad. You just didn't have a say in the matter is all. πŸ™‚

-VR
    My “incapability” had nothing to do with anything hereditary though the latter was inevitable.😁
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 16:15
    @great-big-stees said
    My “incapability” had nothing to do with anything hereditary though the latter was inevitable.😁
    Of course it did, odds are someone on your fathers side or mothers side was bald. Same could be said for your slow swimmers. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 17:16
    @great-big-stees said
    I have a sure-fire cure for baldness. Don’t have a bald grandfather.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 18:51
    @moonbus said
    So you think it skips a generation?

-VR
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 20:16
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    My blonde hair skipped a generation.

My parents had brown hair, but three of my grandparents were blond.

Yeah, yeah, I know blond is recessive. πŸ™„
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 23:09
    @moonbus said
    Both of mine were, indeed, mostly hairless.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Jun '23 09:26
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Basic genetics: recessive traits only manifest when both alleles are recessive in an individual, and one inherits only one allele from a bald or hairy father. Hence, having bald grandfathers is a better indicator than having a hairy father of whether the man in question will develop baldness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree