1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 May '19 11:38
    @suzianne said
    Actually, we're the ones paying for him still being here.
    Well sources tell me that the advertising does pay for him/her.

We pay for the extra features we get.

-VR
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 May '19 12:30
    @very-rusty said
    Well sources tell me that the advertising does pay for him/her.

We pay for the extra features we get.

-VR
    suzianne “Actually, we're the ones paying for him still being here.”

It’s just an idea but perhaps suzianne means pay in the sense that we have to witness eladers ultra right wing opinions about women all the time.
    As far as I recall nobody called eladers wife a “whore” or a “bitch” but it was an angry abortion thread from debates and elader does not seem to appreciate that it was the representation of his wife that he utilised in the debate who was criticised by an opposing debater, rather than his actual wife who was not there to represent herself.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 May '19 12:59
    @kevcvs57 said
    suzianne “Actually, we're the ones paying for him still being here.”

It’s just an idea but perhaps suzianne means pay in the sense that we have to witness eladers ultra right wing opinions about women all the time.
    As far as I recall nobody called eladers wife a “whore” or a “bitch” but it was an angry abortion thread from debates and elader does not seem to appreciate t ...[text shortened]... iticised by an opposing debater, rather than his actual wife who was not there to represent herself.
    Well I don't think a woman should ever be called the "W" word. Now as far as bitch it can also mean a female dog, fox, wolf, or otter which is not as bad as the 'W' word, but not meant to be good by any poster who uses it. I do my best to try and stay away from the name calling. Makes one look like you don't have the proper vocabularty to express one's self.
  4. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '19 04:23
    @executioner-brand said
    I thumbed down this one.

why is this ok?
    It seems it is NOT ok.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 May '19 04:42
    @very-rusty said
    Well I don't think a woman should ever be called the "W" word. Now as far as bitch it can also mean a female dog, fox, wolf, or otter which is not as bad as the 'W' word, but not meant to be good by any poster who uses it. I do my best to try and stay away from the name calling. Makes one look like you don't have the proper vocabularty to express one's self.
    Me too I didn’t call his wife anything at all, but I did lament the fact that his mother was pro-life.
    It’s hard to take a critique for name calling from a lot of posters, it’s like the Kremlin and the Whitehouse calling for nuclear non proliferation.
  6. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '19 05:26
    @caesar-salad said
    No, "we" were not.
    I forget. were 'we' making suicide bombers?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '19 10:35
    @executioner-brand said
    I forget. were 'we' making suicide bombers?
    Who's making suicide bombers?....

-VR
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 15:40
    @chessturd said
    I hope it's me! I never win anything 😕
    You could try to reply to each thread as some people did in the past. If you have enough endurance you will become thread killing champion one day.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 17:31
    @ponderable said
    You could try to reply to each thread as some people did in the past. If you have enough endurance you will become thread killing champion one day.
    Maybe. But Grampy Bobby is dead, thank Cthulhu, and may his imitators soon be so, as well.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jun '19 18:11
    @shallow-blue said
    Maybe. But Grampy Bobby is dead, thank Cthulhu, and may his imitators soon be so, as well.
    No need for that, even in 'jest.'

All we know is that Grampy stopped logging into an online chess site. Nothing more than that (for certain). Real people with real lives and families sit behind their keyboards. Maybe reflect on that.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Jun '19 12:48
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

All we know is that Grampy stopped logging into an online chess site. Nothing more than that (for certain). Real people with real lives and families sit behind their keyboards. Maybe reflect on that.
    goad, you know nothing about Bob and never did.

Don't say something unless you are absolutely sure that is the case!!!

-VR
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 14:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

That this post got three thumbs down is a disgrace.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 15:13
    @very-rusty said
    goad, you know nothing about Bob and never did.

Don't say something unless you are absolutely sure that is the case!!!

-VR
    What are you talking about? Did you even read my post?! Like many people here, I engaged with him in the forums and exchanged PMs over a long period of time.

I found him vexing at times, but am sure others view me in a similar manner. Such are the forums.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 16:162 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes, I read your post. You said: for all we know Grampy Bobby just stopped logging on You don't know that is the case. I know in his last note to me ( and I was a true friend to him) he said that it was a pleasure having known me, and he may not be with us soon. I sent a reply asking what he meant by that ( already knowing) but never got a reply from him or heard from him again. I think he was at that time in ill health. What do you think happened goad? I've never spoken about this to anyone up until now, as this is probably the time!

-VR
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 17:11
    @very-rusty said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes, I read your post. You said: for all we know Grampy Bobby just stopped logging on You don't know that is the case. I know in his last note to me ( and I was a true friend to him) he said that it was a pleasure having known me, and he may not be with us soon. I sent a reply asking what he meant by that ( already knowing) but never got a reply from h ...[text shortened]... ened goad? I've never spoken about this to anyone up until now, as this is probably the time!

-VR
    In response to a post saying 'Grampy Bobby is dead,' I replied that was something we did not know for certain, and that all we did know was that he had ceased to login to the site. How is this not accurate?

All you've noted is that he was unwell. (Something we are all aware of). Perhaps he remains unwell. - It is you who are making unconfirmed assumptions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree