20 Dec '15 18:54
    you cannot,
    they will always fight...
    they're single minded,
    and not very bright...
  2. Stargazing
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:03
    We are often a lost cause, or at least in need of immediate rescue by a female 😞
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:16
    Originally posted by rookie54
    you cannot,
    they will always fight...
    they're single minded,
    and not very bright...
    My husband once blurted out, "Omg Emily...you look HUGE!!!!" to his 9 months +, about-to-deliver-any-second sister-in-law who we hadn't seen in months.
    She burst into tears and left the room. And he turned to me and said, "That wasn't the right thing to say?" 😳

A man seems to put his foot in his mouth more regularly than a woman. But I don't think intentionally...
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:23
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    My husband once blurted out, "Omg Emily...you look HUGE!!!!" to his 9 months +, about-to-deliver-any-second sister-in-law who we hadn't seen in months.
    She burst into tears and left the room. And he turned to me and said, "That wasn't the right thing to say?" 😳

A man seems to put his foot in his mouth more regularly than a woman. But I don't think intentionally...
    I don't think it's about men vs women - it's about individuals.
  5. Stargazing
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:24

I can relate to this phenomena. Sometimes I will say what I think is a sincere observation about my wife and (fortunately) she will laugh as she waits for me to catch up.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:25

Sometimes our tongues get in front of our eye teeth and we cant see what we're saying.
  7. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:28
    Why would we want to ridicule men, what's the point? Anyone can say silly things sometime.
  8. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:51
    Originally posted by lolof
    I don't think it's about men vs women - it's about individuals.
    Well, normally I would say yes...but in this one narrow category, my experience has been that men seem to do this more often than not.

I do not think any woman would ever dare say what my husband said to a pregnant woman. lol It just wouldn't happen.
  9. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:54
    Well, normally I would say yes...but in this one narrow category, my experience has been that men seem to do this more often than not.

I do not think any woman would ever dare say what my husband said to a pregnant woman. lol It just wouldn't happen.
    Anyone can say spontaneous silly things - not the same ones, but similar, and just as unsuitable.
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 19:56
    Originally posted by lolof
    Why would we want to ridicule men, what's the point? Anyone can say silly things sometime.
    I don't think it is ridiculing them. I actually think it is an endearing quality. Men (generally speaking) often just say what they think as they think it...they tend to be more blunt, whereas women are perhaps a bit more sensitive to how their words might affect another.
    I don't see it as a negative or a positive..it just is what it is.
  11. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 20:00
    I don't think it is ridiculing them. I actually think it is an endearing quality. Men (generally speaking) often just say what they think as they think it...they tend to be more blunt, whereas women are perhaps a bit more sensitive to how their words might affect another.
    I don't see it as a negative or a positive..it just is what it is.
    I myself am just the type of person you refer to - spontaneous sometimes insensitive but usually no harm meant at all. That's the reason I post in this thread but enough about that now. 🙂
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 21:20
    Free beer !
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 21:59

You don't know many wonen I guess. Wonen dat horrible things about wonen. And preferably behind their backs.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 22:01
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Free beer !
    gee i dunno dude, there is beer and there is beer!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '15 22:02
    Originally posted by Kegge
    You don't know many wonen I guess. Wonen dat horrible things about wonen. And preferably behind their backs.
    are you drunk or is slobber your first language?