1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Sep '19 15:32
    @great-big-stees said
    Isn't it going to happen at low tide in the Bay of Fundy? Stay safe VR.
    I believe that is what was said, but we are still going to get coastal flooding here.

I've done all I can do in securing everything, Just the objects flying in the air and falling trees we can't control that. Some people across from have a bunch of car tires outside, hard to know where those will go. I'll be happy if a tree doesn't fall on my Van. 😉 At least we will not be hit as hard as Bahamas which looks like war zone!!! 12:30 p.m. now, going to fill the bathtub up for flushing toilet, TMI? 😉

-VR
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '19 20:56
    @great-big-stees said
    In Alabama: It's illegal for someone to drive while blindfolded. Is there a state where it is legal? 🤔
    They probably only passed that law in Alabama after rigorous debate.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '19 21:01
    @kquinn909 said
    https://time.com/2813381/hurricanes-female-names/
    This is because hurricanes only started getting boys' names since 1978.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '19 21:021 edit
    @very-rusty said
    @whodey

When Suzie Q says 'We", she talking about herself and her cronies, not the rest of the posters on this site!

-VR
    No, usually I mean everyone except you.

You know, normal people.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '19 11:19
    @suzianne said
    They probably only passed that law in Alabama after rigorous debate.
    I think, after rigorous debate, they decided that, yes they'd pass that law but only if they would allow the people to drive with "blinders" on.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Sep '19 18:421 edit
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dorian-cleanup-aftermath-nova-scotia-dorian-1.5275182

Some pictures and story and a few videos can be seen for anyone interested.

We only lost our power for about 24 hours, was very lucky where I am staying, next door neighbour had a tree come down, Other than leaves stuck to everything and a few minor scratches on vehicles everyone in my neighbourhood is good.

Unfortunately, I wasn't off for as long as some of you would have liked! 😛 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 12:54
    @very-rusty said
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dorian-cleanup-aftermath-nova-scotia-dorian-1.5275182

Some pictures and story and a few videos can be seen for anyone interested.

We only lost our power for about 24 hours, was very lucky where I am staying, next door neighbour had a tree come down, Other than leaves stuck to everything and a few minor scratches on vehicles ...[text shortened]... is good.

Unfortunately, I wasn't off for as long as some of you would have liked! 😛 😉

-VR
    Glad to see that you are safe and I was going to say "sound" but some, on here, might think that the use of it (sound), when talking about you, might be a mistake. 😲 😉
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 13:06
    @great-big-stees said
    Glad to see that you are safe and I was going to say "sound" but some, on here, might think that the use of it (sound), when talking about you, might be a mistake. 😲 😉
    LOL....I may not put a big argument about that, I do have a persona to keep!!! 😉

Yes, we got lucky in my area. Still lots of people without power here in the Halifax area. Schools are all closed in Halifax & County. The military have been brought in to help with the clean up. I don't think their hands will be use to holding power saws. 😉...Nice to see them helping out though!!

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 13:20
    @very-rusty said
    LOL....I may not put a big argument about that, I do have a persona to keep!!! 😉

Yes, we got lucky in my area. Still lots of people without power here in the Halifax area. Schools are all closed in Halifax & County. The military have been brought in to help with the clean up. I don't think their hands will be use to holding power saws. 😉...Nice to see them helping out though!!

-VR
    Well at least you guys (Haligonians) really need the help of the army, unlike the whimps in Toronto. 🤔 😉
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 13:231 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Well at least you guys (Haligonians) really need the help of the army, unlike the whimps in Toronto. 🤔 😉
    Hey, if the military want to help I say lets use them. The more hands the quicker the clean up and faster everything is back to normal. A power saw is a different weapon for them to be using, I am sure there will be lots of blistered hands! Some said there was going to be something like 700 of them or more!!

We've also had help from power companies from different Provinces which is going to make that job go faster. I was surprised our power was back so fast this time. Took 10 days last time....As I said though there are still lots without power, last count was 200,000 Province wide, thousands in the Halifax and surrounding area.

-VR
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 13:27
    @very-rusty said
    Hey, if the military want to help I say lets use them. The more hands the quicker the clean up and faster everything is back to normal. A power saw is a different weapon for them to be using, I am sure there will be lots of blistered hands! Some said there was going to be something like 700 of them or more!!

We've also had help from power companies from different Provi ...[text shortened]... t power, last count was 200,000 Province wide, thousands in the Halifax and surrounding area.

-VR
    Looks like, once it done with Newfoundland/Labrador, that it's heading to Northern Europe.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 13:32
    @great-big-stees said
    Looks like, once it done with Newfoundland/Labrador, that it's heading to Northern Europe.
    Caused a fire in Grand Falls and some damage done over there also, don't know if it has passed or not yet. I think they still have the rain to come, had the wind yesterday.
    Trees down in Springdale, fell on a house...stories still coming in on that one.

-VR
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 13:37
    @very-rusty said
    Caused a fire in Grand Falls and some damage done over there also, don't know if it has passed or not yet. I think they still have the rain to come, had the wind yesterday.
    Trees down in Springdale, fell on a house...stories still coming in on that one.

-VR
    Luckily the destruction our way (The Mairitimes, not where I am) was nothing like they have to deal with in the Bahamas.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Sep '19 13:51
    @great-big-stees said
    Luckily the destruction our way (The Mairitimes, not where I am) was nothing like they have to deal with in the Bahamas.
    The Bahamas looks like bombs were dropped, looks like war zone. That is what I said we got off very lucky and resources they don't have in the Bahamas. I am sure the death toll will be high there. I haven't heard of any loss of life here yet anyways.

-VR
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Sep '19 16:21
    We have roughly 103,00 still without power. Kids have 2nd day off school due to power shortage and clean up. I am thinking they will not be back tomorrow either.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree