1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 20:30
    Just been catching up on the events over there in southern US of A. Looks dramatic, stay safe and e4
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 20:45
    Reporting in from New Braunfels, Texas (half way betwee Austin and San Antonio). Steady rain for the last 12 hours with some flooding in the low areas. Went to work this morning (Amazon), but after an hour they sent us home, but paying us for a full shift. 🙂 Wind gusts at intervals as the bands pass over. Always 1. d4!
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 20:50
    Yes, I've been watching on CNN saw houses flattened to the ground already from the winds. Hurricane Harvey is looking like the worst still considered a tropical storm, my prayers are with everyone in Texas. There is one known death already!

Stay safe those of you who live in Texas!!!

-VR
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 00:26
    Originally posted by @montymoose
    Reporting in from New Braunfels, Texas (half way betwee Austin and San Antonio). Steady rain for the last 12 hours with some flooding in the low areas. Went to work this morning (Amazon), but after an hour they sent us home, but paying us for a full shift. 🙂 Wind gusts at intervals as the bands pass over. Always 1. d4!
    Same here down in San Antonio. d4 !
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 00:56
    Bet you $10 there are idiot tourists down on the RiverWalk right now! 😛
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 00:58
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    ...There is one known death already! ...
    Horrible to say, but it was from a fire. :'(
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by @montymoose
    Sounds like the winds are dying down now, I hope you guys don't get washed away by the flooding. It's such a slow mover some areas near CC were supposed to get 36-40" of rain. Now I see it looks bad for Houston right now, with 10" predicted overnight.
  8. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 01:16
    Here, the winds are stronger than 12 hours ago. Still got Sunday to go. This one was a monster, but few deaths.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 07:28
    Looked like a bad one. Hope everyone's okay.
  10. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    31 Aug '17 22:47
    here in houston thw worst that happened to mgy famuly was a flooded pool. the garage got a thin layer of wwter, but nothing wle. got a cool time lapse with my gopro of the roads turning into lakes.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '17 05:34
    i work at a hotel in north San Antonio and we have a large number of flood refugees. A lady came by this morning and wanted to coordinate some aid for the victims.Our conference room is now filled with clothes and food for them right now. Several employees are giving their time to manage this process. Gives me a good feeling. 😀😀
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 07:36
    There seems a new one on the doorstep of the Carribean...
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 08:11
    I guess not many people care about the million displaced people in India which has had a similar storm.
    Not to mention the the numerous deaths.
  14. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 14:44
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I guess not many people care about the million displaced people in India which has had a similar storm.
    Not to mention the the numerous deaths.
    Hey, dude, we've got a Cat 5 Hurricane heading for the SE US. If by "care", you mean one nation helping another in times of need, how about Googling "US Foreign Aid" or "US International Disaster Relief". If by "care", you mean people helping neighbors who get hit by Hurricanes, I'm sure the Texans would be glad to show you how it works. Or, you are welcome to come to my coastal area, Cape Fear, and help us get ready for Irma. Bring your own food, water, gasoline, first-aid kit, boots, tent, mosquito net, cell phone chargers, and medicines.
  15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 14:51
    Originally posted by @john-osmar
    Hey, dude, we've got a Cat 5 Hurricane heading for the SE US. If by "care", you mean one nation helping another in times of need, how about Googling "US Foreign Aid" or "US International Disaster Relief". If by "care", you mean people helping neighbors who get hit by Hurricanes, I'm sure the Texans would be glad to show you how it works. Or, you are welc ...[text shortened]... , water, gasoline, first-aid kit, boots, tent, mosquito net, cell phone chargers, and medicines.
    well said

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree