1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 11:16
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    I am blessed because I live in an amazing country...flawed, in need of many improvements, but still truly amazing. Just viewing Seitse's comments underscore this....in some countries he'd be jailed or executed for speaking out against his country in any form or fashion.
    How disappointing that such a nicely titled thread can so quickly turn ugly....
    Go figure. Lol
    Two things:

- Seitse is tolerated here because the site is based in the UK, not the USA;

- the thread started out sour, with the OP being grateful for not having suffered the horrors that the US Army has inflicted, quite intentionally, on innocent civilians in various countries over the last couple of decades.

But, hey, hooray for Eaglelandia, apple pie, Agent Orange and butterfly mines, right?
  2. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 13:02
    Originally posted by Seitse
    In your country, black people get shot for the mere act of existing.
    What a generalization. Yes. That happens. But it is a rare occurrence despite the media sensationalizing isolated events. And when it does, the cop should ABSOLUTELY face the consequences for his actions.
    The VAST majority of our police officers do NOT engage in the racist killing of black people. Just fyi 😉
    Our system is not perfect by any means, and because of recent events, some things will need to change. Unfortunately, one thing that will change is that a whole bunch of good people will now choose not to become police officers. Additionally, our "good" cops will feel paralyzed to do their jobs under scrutiny that is excessive and PC.
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 13:27
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Two things:

- Seitse is tolerated here because the site is based in the UK, not the USA;

- the thread started out sour, with the OP being grateful for not having suffered the horrors that the US Army has inflicted, quite intentionally, on innocent civilians in various countries over the last couple of decades.

But, hey, hooray for Eaglelandia, apple pie, Agent Orange and butterfly mines, right?
    Shallow Blue -

Seitse displays an American flag (not proudly, I'm sure) And if he wants to be critical of our country, I think that is just awesome. I support his right to say every last thing he posts even though I find it to be garbage. I always wonder why people stay here when they do not seem to like it? I also wonder if people with endless grievances about our nation every do anything at all to try and "fix" it? To make it a better place?

Please do not forget to include your own vicious military. They have stood shoulder to shoulder with many of our soldiers during many missions in this war on terror 😉 As have dozens upon dozens of others nations. Oh, and some of those missions your country were clandestine...so when you Google, please be aware of that 😉

Yes, that's what our soldiers do. Slaughter innocent civilians... lots of women & children, of course.... in every corner of the world. They wake up in the morning, put on their combat boots & off they go. It gives them great pleasure and they look forward to the next territory that we will invade.

Chaney3 - this was a great idea for a thread. Something positive for a change. Some people don't count their blessings, and therefore, have nothing good to say - ever.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 20:111 edit
    FYI, to anyone that is reading this thread. When I created my OP, I was merely feeling grateful to have all my limbs. Period.

It was NOT my intention to engage in disputes with posters from different countries regarding the particulars of war. It was also NOT my intention to dismiss the combat troops from all walks of life who have been unfortunate to lose limbs, or suffer severe physical and mental disabilities, regardless of country.

Sheeeeesh, I was merely expressing gratitude that I have been fortunate enough to not be in combat, and have lost a limb. That was my feeling that compelled me to create this thread.

Edit: After reading my OP again, I can see how one might perceive that I was ONLY speaking about Americans who are engaged in war. That was not my intention.
  5. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 21:42
    Originally posted by chaney3
    FYI, to anyone that is reading this thread. When I created my OP, I was merely feeling grateful to have all my limbs. Period.

It was NOT my intention to engage in disputes with posters from different countries regarding the particulars of war. It was also NOT my intention to dismiss the combat troops from all walks of life who have been unfortunate to ...[text shortened]... ive that I was ONLY speaking about Americans who are engaged in war. That was not my intention.
    I apologize Chaney3. You are totally right - this was not a thread intended to be a debate forum. Awesome of you to even think to do it because it is easy for us all to forget the wonderful things in our life. So THANK YOU!

Both Seitse and Shallow Blue seemed unable to find a real blessing. Kind of sad. I will help them. lol Seitse - I think you are American based on your flag, but who knows? If so, God Bless you for speaking your mind. even when others, like myself, think you are hateful and uninformed. Despite that, your freedom of speech is a blessing for you to have & for us to hear. It pains me to say this, but it is true 😉

Shallow Blue...your blessing? It's called, "Operation Market Garden." Look it up if you must. Our evil country & our allies "invaded" yours to save you from German rule. How quickly we forget. No gratitude...but that's ok, Shallow. We'd do it all again for our friends. 🙂
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 22:29
    What a generalization.
    O.k., kid, I'm here just for the lulz, but I will take a small break to school you.

It is not a generalization but the whole foundation of the prosperity you enjoy.
    The U.S. became a true superpower by fueling the cotton-hungry industrial
    revolution, and it did so by means of growing the crop on stolen land, using
    mistreated, unpaid slaves. There is no U.S. as super power without a double
    rape, that of the First Nations and that of the African slaves. From that
    moment on, the construction of capitalism has been built upon pillage and
    abuse, from the original dispossessed to those countries which got
    ravaged so the machine could keep tunneling raw materials and selling
    goods back to them: Chile, Honduras, Guatemala, Iran, etc. The role of
    USAID, CIA and the Ford Foundation is well documented in Washington's
    maneuvers as indicated by Friedmanite-loving corporate elites.

Such a system cannot survive without perpetuating the abuse over the
    oppressed people. That is why blacks rot by the hundreds of thousands
    in the privatized penitentiary system and Natives die of liver failure in
    reservations... still over 200 years after. The institutions which maintain the
    prosperity of the 1% (plus the crumbles fed to the white portion of the
    remaining 99😵, are built over exploitation dynamics. It is the logic of
    power to entrench itself and, in the Western world, modeled by force from
    the Bretton Woods command centers, that coagulation has taken place
    over racial lines --precisely because those were the lines as originally
    drawn.

If you want to be orphan from ignorance one day, read Baptist's "The Half
    Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism."
    Then try Klein's "The Shock Doctrine". And close with Graeber's "Debt:
    The First 5,000 Years." Once you're done, I'll feed you more scholarly tomes.
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 22:52
    O.k., kid, I'm here just for the lulz, but I will take a small break to school you.

It is not a generalization but the whole foundation of the prosperity you enjoy.
    The U.S. became a true superpower by fueling the cotton-hungry industrial
    revolution, and it did so by means of growing the crop on stolen land, using
    mistreated, unpaid slaves. There is no ...[text shortened]... Graeber's "Debt:
    The First 5,000 Years." Once you're done, I'll feed you more scholarly tomes.
    Consider a move? 😉
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 23:053 edits
    Consider a move? 😉
    Is that your answer? Did you even read? Did I waste my sapience on you?
    Stop wasting my time. If you'll switch lulz for arguments, at least try to
    sustain them intelligently.

Just FYI, I am neither an American nor I live in the U.S. Actually, I am a
    North Korean currently training Cuban commandos in Iran for the purpose
    of... er... science.

P.S. And if that is your response to any American critical of its country,
    you are precisely what is wrong with the sheep among the 99%. You
    are the disease of American society. True patriots don't murder children
    for multinationals to make a buck; true patriots are critical of their country
    and search for true participatory empowerment among the dispossessed.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 23:42
    Shallow Blue...your blessing? It's called, "Operation Market Garden." Look it up if you must.
    Operation Market Garden was unsuccessful.
    Bold ... but unsuccessful.

Made a good movie though _ "A Bridge Too Far"
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 23:44
    Is that your answer? Did you even read? Did I waste my sapience on you?
    Stop wasting my time. If you'll switch lulz for arguments, at least try to
    sustain them intelligently.

Just FYI, I am neither an American nor I live in the U.S. Actually, I am a
    North Korean currently training Cuban commandos in Iran for the purpose
    of... er... science.

P.S. ...[text shortened]... cal of their country
    and search for true participatory empowerment among the dispossessed.
    Yes, I read Seitse. lol It is my hope that my silence speaks volumes. You responded to nothing of what I wrote.

Shall I remind you? This is a "blessing" forum...and I apologized to the original poster.

I have a full and grateful heart because of you, Seitse. For today, you provided me with the blessing of laughter. And for that I am genuinely grateful. And perhaps you did not even intend to? Which makes your "gift" just that more precious 🙂

Here is my gift of humor in return ... just for you Seitse, to make you smile...

Guess what?! I will have you know that my mother was a police officer in North Korea back in the day! I kid you not! lol And although she executed many, many people and their extended families for making a call on their cell phones...not ONCE...did she EVER kill a black person while she was on duty! I know, I know...hard to believe...but I would not joke about such a thing! I know there is only like one black person possibly living there, but this is besides the point, isn't it?! lol

Seitse, "take down" your American flag? Please? You are angry? Confused? Bitter? Lonely? All of these things? That doesn't make you a bad person.

Thank you again for the laughter. There is no greater blessing I would argue 🙂
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 23:50
    Our evil country & our allies "invaded" yours (Holland) to save you from German rule. How quickly we forget. No gratitude...but that's ok, Shallow. We'd do it all again for our friends. 🙂
    Where was the US when Holland was invaded?
    Who went to their aid?
    Certainly not the US.

Had to wait for Germany to Declare War on them.
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 00:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Operation Market Garden was unsuccessful.
    Bold ... but unsuccessful.

Made a good movie though _ "A Bridge Too Far"
    hmmmm....very curious, Wolfgang. The people of the Netherlands might beg to differ with you though & I think they would know? They held a massive commemorative event in 2014 to show their gratitude to our forces for their liberation. And many families in that region "adopt" our buried soldiers...caring for their grave and showing their respects. Strange, isn't it?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 00:18
    I apologize Chaney3. You are totally right - this was not a thread intended to be a debate forum. Awesome of you to even think to do it because it is easy for us all to forget the wonderful things in our life. So THANK YOU!

Both Seitse and Shallow Blue seemed unable to find a real blessing. Kind of sad. I will help them. lol Seitse - I think you ar ...[text shortened]... ickly we forget. No gratitude...but that's ok, Shallow. We'd do it all again for our friends. 🙂
    No apology needed Landisqueen. It seems to me that most threads end up taking a different course at some point or another.

If a different debate has formed....I would never ask any individual to not state their opinion, and defend their position. If some posters cannot find any blessings in their life, and instead, would like to debate about America, war, or something else.....then so be it.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 01:01
    Originally posted by chaney3
    No apology needed Landisqueen. It seems to me that most threads end up taking a different course at some point or another.

If a different debate has formed....I would never ask any individual to not state their opinion, and defend their position. If some posters cannot find any blessings in their life, and instead, would like to debate about America, war, or something else.....then so be it.
    They're jealous. That's why they throw so many spears.
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 08:38
    Yes, I read Seitse. lol It is my hope that my silence speaks volumes. You responded to nothing of what I wrote.

Shall I remind you? This is a "blessing" forum...and I apologized to the original poster.

I have a full and grateful heart because of you, Seitse. For today, you provided me with the blessing of laughter. And for that I am genuinely ...[text shortened]... bad person.

Thank you again for the laughter. There is no greater blessing I would argue 🙂
    No logical argument, I see. You're just a doofus. Carry on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree