1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 17:15
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Operation Market Garden was unsuccessful.
    Bold ... but unsuccessful.

Made a good movie though _ "A Bridge Too Far"
    Exactly.

At Arnhem, the British were brave, and the Yanks buggered it up as usual.

Grateful? I'm grateful to the Russians, who actually defeated the Nazis, the British, who held off the assault until the Russians could do their job, and the Canadians, who did a lot to free our country. The Yanks? Came in late, took all the glory and plunder. No, thanks.
  2. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 04:33
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Exactly.

Grateful? I'm grateful to the Russians, who actually defeated the Nazis, the British, who held off the assault until the Russians could do their job, and the Canadians, who did a lot to free our country. The Yanks? Came in late, took all the glory and plunder. No, thanks.
    Wow. Interesting take on history. Lol Shallow, have you heard of the Neatherlands American Cemetary & Memorial in Margraten? 8301 graves of our American soldiers are there and EVERY ONE of them has been adopted by a Dutch citizen. Can you explain this? Doesn't make much sense based on your interpretation of history, does it? I think perhaps you are too blinded by your dislike of America to fully appreciate our efforts to help your part of the world during that incredibly dangerous time. Sorry we got there a little late....we were kind of coming from pretty far away and were kind of (just a little) busy in another theater! We didn't have to participate at all....we weren't a country most in danger but our friends needed us and it was the right thing to do. And, no offense, but I think your country got steamrolled and needed all of the help you could get? Fortunately, it seems like most of your country is still grateful for our contributions except for you and a small minority from what I can tell. You thank the Russians over us? Remind me again what they did after they helped kill some Nazis! Hmmmmmmm. How quickly we forget.

I am not one who goes around saying America is the greatest country in the world. I believe there are a bunch of exceptional nations and I find that to be just arrogant when Americans say or think that. But wow....we shed blood for you guys and for you to dismiss that fact and pretend that our country did not play a pretty big role in defeating the Nazis? I'm kind of stunned Shallow. I must say. Lol Where's the love? 😉
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 06:23
    Originally posted by Seitse
    No logical argument, I see. You're just a doofus. Carry on.
    One day, Seitse, when you can maturely and respectfully discuss and debate, I will happily respond. In the proper forum.

Any glimpse of brilliance or provocative insight that you believe you can share with others will always be lost in your sensationalism, juvenile name calling, and unpleasant demeanor. Much like Trump. Lol

Another blessing in my life...giving and receiving respect.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 07:15
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    One day, Seitse, when you can maturely and respectfully discuss and debate, I will happily respond. In the proper forum.

Any glimpse of brilliance or provocative insight that you believe you can share with others will always be lost in your sensationalism, juvenile name calling, and unpleasant demeanor. Much like Trump. Lol

Another blessing in my life...giving and receiving respect.
    I'm really starting to like you. 🙂
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 09:07
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I'm blessed because I am neither American nor I live in a country invaded by the Americans.
    and you have a huge shlong
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 22:11
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    ... to fully appreciate our efforts to help your part of the world during that incredibly dangerous time. Sorry we got there a little late....we were kind of coming from pretty far away and were kind of
    I don't suppose the US was perturbed by the thought of a united European Empire
    incorporating the Middle East and North Africa.

... they just came to help ...
  7. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 22:321 edit
    i am blessed because i stand wth Heavenly Father, who preserves me and mein kinder thru all time.

i am blessed because i see the vacancy of the posts above me. i stand for Heavenly Father.

i stand.
  8. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 22:553 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Operation Market Garden was unsuccessful.
    Bold ... but unsuccessful.

Made a good movie though _ "A Bridge Too Far"
    Exactly.

ReplyReply & Quote
    you choose the name "shallow blue" for a reason. you believed that in time you would come "deep blue". i think not.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    you have seen yourself. perhaps for a moment.

"shallow" is what you are. but shallow is not what you see of yourself.

you are deeply angry, about what ? so you steep that anger into politics when the angst is really more deeply in your home life.

learn to see oneself instead of the world.

the pain in within yourself, deal with it. become strong by looking inward in the struggle to find the heart.
  9. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 23:14
    you who have posted about "market garden" are armchair generals. some of you may be military histrorians of high value ( i do doubt it though ) i think you are google historians,

you know, first, what you want to believe. then you google, google, as now and into the far future, will tell you what google wants you to believe.

i will still have the old paper books. the old treasure of some truth...yes, it will be a paper nationalistic truth...but it will not be the google truth you expouse.

i may lay my hand on a piece of paper which may not speak truth but in my library of paper there are papers which speak other truths.

i stand against the electric lies of google and wikipedia and such..

i hold the old treasure. books... books that argue one against another....books that do not llke each other.

you who live on electric truth...only learn to believe what google wants you to believe.

it is not 1984,

it is fahreinhiet 451.

i am nephi.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 11:11
    Originally posted by mister moggy
    i am nephi.
    Your dog has more sense than you.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 14:47
    Originally posted by mister moggy

..you who live on electric truth...only learn to believe what google wants you to believe.
    Electric truth?

Wasn't that an 80's pop group?
  12. Rohan
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:23
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Electric truth?

Wasn't that an 80's pop group?
    The Electric Flag was a blues/rock/funk band founded by great blues guitarist MIke Bloomfield and featuring great funk drummer Buddy Miles.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:28
    Originally posted by nimzophysh
    The Electric Flag was a blues/rock/funk band founded by great blues guitarist MIke Bloomfield and featuring great funk drummer Buddy Miles.
    Ah Buddy Miles,....where are you now?
  14. Rohan
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:36
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Ah Buddy Miles,....where are you now?
    Alas, my friend Buddy died in 2008, if I remember correctly.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 16:48
    Originally posted by nimzophysh
    Alas, my friend Buddy died in 2008, if I remember correctly.
    Remember correctly or google correctly? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree