1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 10:22
    reason being i fel out of bed last week broke 2 fingers(stop laughing...its not funny) badly brused my left arm and leg but worst of all landed on my laptop smashing the screen, i have a back up hp lap top so i retrieved it from the wardrobe and guess what a cracked screen so both in for repair so i went for back up no 3 a 10 year old acer aspire with an old pentium jprossesor that wont run with a battery it runs winndows 7 that is not supported by RHP and a lot of other sites, it takes about 1/2 hr to boot up and shutsf down after an hour or so overheatinghink OH HAPPY DAYS
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 10:47
    @badradger said
    reason being i fel out of bed last week broke 2 fingers(stop laughing...its not funny) badly brused my left arm and leg but worst of all landed on my laptop smashing the screen, i have a back up hp lap top so i retrieved it from the wardrobe and guess what a cracked screen so both in for repair so i went for back up no 3 a 10 year old acer aspire with an old pentium jpross ...[text shortened]... , it takes about 1/2 hr to boot up and shutsf down after an hour or so overheatinghink OH HAPPY DAYS
    With you I am not sure if you reprt your actual experience or try out something for the next prose contest. (It would get some points there I presume)
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 10:52
    @ponderable said
    With you I am not sure if you reprt your actual experience or try out something for the next prose contest. (It would get some points there I presume)
    Promising start.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 11:01
    @ponderable said
    it created a multitude of problems, I could not do my online shopping untill i got this old pile of junk running or online banking, i cant drive at the moment with the fingers in splints and a very swollen left leg, why you suggest that I made this story up is very hurtfull i thouught any topic was allowed.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 11:18
    @badradger said
    it created a multitude of problems, I could not do my online shopping untill i got this old pile of junk running or online banking, i cant drive at the moment with the fingers in splints and a very swollen left leg, why you suggest that I made this story up is very hurtfull i thouught any topic was allowed.
    I think we were just hoping it wasn't true.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 11:47
    @torunn said
    I think we were just hoping it wasn't true.
    not only true but only part of the story as I fell I took out the bedside table smashing the table lamp , knocking all my medication all over, cut my nose and lip and because i take blood thining tablets It took ages to stem the bleeding.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 12:08
    @badradger said
    not only true but only part of the story as I fell I took out the bedside table smashing the table lamp , knocking all my medication all over, cut my nose and lip and because i take blood thining tablets It took ages to stem the bleeding.
    Top bunk and liquor don't mix. Though, they come equipped with side rails for a reason.

Karma strives to remain in balance. Maybe you're due for some good now.

Unless , of course, you've been real bad.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 12:26
    @wolfe63 said
    Top bunk and liquor don't mix. Though, they come equipped with side rails for a reason.

Karma strives to remain in balance. Maybe you're due for some good now.

Unless , of course, you've been real bad.
    sadly since my HA a nd Diabetes diagnosis in september I am not allowed to drink very much alchohol and its more likley I had an Hypo trying to get out of bed to quick (low blood sugar)which maid me faint.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 12:43
    @badradger said
    reason being i fel out of bed last week broke 2 fingers(stop laughing...its not funny) badly brused my left arm and leg but worst of all landed on my laptop smashing the screen, i have a back up hp lap top so i retrieved it from the wardrobe and guess what a cracked screen so both in for repair so i went for back up no 3 a 10 year old acer aspire with an old pentium jpross ...[text shortened]... , it takes about 1/2 hr to boot up and shutsf down after an hour or so overheatinghink OH HAPPY DAYS
    All I can say is it couldn't haven't to a person more deserving!!! 😛 😉

-VR
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 12:49
    @badradger said
    sadly since my HA a nd Diabetes diagnosis in september I am not allowed to drink very much alchohol and its more likley I had an Hypo trying to get out of bed to quick (low blood sugar)which maid me faint.
    Hypoglycemia makes sense. But so does orthostatic hypotension.

Anyway, diabetes sucks. It's a pain in the ass. But, with good control...it's not a death sentence.

Just be sure to follow your basal guidelines for insulin. (Especially if checking glucose on a sliding scale.)
    Eat small frequent meals during the day and also have some form of quickly dissolved candy (glucose) nearby at all times.

You can do it man. You're not alone.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 12:55
    @wolfe63 said

Anyway, diabetes sucks. It's a pain in the ass. But, with good control...it's not a death sentence.

Just be sure to follow your basal guidelines for insulin. (Especially if checking glucose on a sliding scale.)
    Eat small frequent meals during the day and also have some form of quickly dissolved candy (glucose) nearby at all times.

The little meals sound good in theory but actually doesn't work well for everyone!!!

No, I am not diabetic but have several friends who are many type 2.

-VR
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 12:59
    @wolfe63 said

bought a meter check every day 2 hrs after eating average 6.4 mmols not on inulin take Metformin 4 tabs per day my reading in hospital when i had the heart attack was 19mmols, I didnt have any idea that i had diabetes.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 13:07
    @badradger said
    I thought the institution beds would have those pop-up sides or maybe some restraining straps.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 13:121 edit
    @divegeester said
    I thought the institution beds would have those pop-up sides or maybe some restraining straps.
    well you would know more about mental hospitals than me, the ward i was in in james cook had nice comfy beds and i am eternaly gratefull for the wonderfull way the staff looked after me without there intervention i woul probably be dead.
  15. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 13:15
    @very-rusty said
    The little meals sound good in theory but actually doesn't work well for everyone!!!

No, I am not diabetic but have several friends who are many type 2.

-VR
    "The little meals sound good in theory but actually doesn't work well for everyone!!!"
    - Very old and crusty

OK, OK man. No need for shouting. Take your metoprolol and have a diet coke. Things will get better. I promise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree