1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 12:472 edits
    Originally posted by st dominics preview
    how do you 'pass on what you KNOW'??? To know something is to have it in your head. You need to discuss it. Thence, teaching.
    You do not/did not say 'passed on his method' or 'passed on his management style', which I would allow could be learnt from observation.
    You specifically said 'passed on what he knew'. THAT suggests active teaching.
    sorry i have failed to locate where you actually answered the question that was put to you. Here it is again, 'does passing something on exclusively mean that it must be passed on by actively teaching as you have assumed or are there other methods of passing something on, like passing it on by observing how someone works? Please explain.
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 12:48
    how do you 'pass on what you KNOW'??? To know something is to have it in your head. You need to discuss it. Thence, teaching.
    You do not/did not say 'passed on his method' or 'passed on his management style', which I would allow could be learnt from observation.
    You specifically said 'passed on what he knew'. THAT suggests active teaching.
    All we need now is Andyandy to piss on our chips.
  3. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 12:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sorry i have failed to locate where you actually answered the question that was put to you. Here it is again, 'does passing something on exclusively mean that it must be passed on by actively teaching as you have assumed or are there other methods of passing something on, like passing it on by observing how someone works? Please explain.
    I think if you read my reply , I have.

I am focussing on your use of the word 'know'

That is something that is inside your head. You 'know' something. Agreed??

How do you pass that on by observation? You cannot.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 12:53
    Originally posted by redbadger
    All we need now is Andyandy to piss on our chips.
    Our friend is in a logical dilemma. If he states that things can be passed on by observation then his insistence that they are exclusively passed on by actively teaching is false, if he states that they cannot be passed on by observation then clearly he's busted as well, for people learn by observation all the time, children from parents would be a very strong example.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 12:55
    I think if you read my reply , I have.

I am focussing on your use of the word 'know'

That is something that is inside your head. You 'know' something. Agreed??

How do you pass that on by observation? You cannot.
    Children learn primarily from their parents through observation. Adults learn like this as well. You are busted dude, now give it up and do something better than remonstrating with me.
  6. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 12:58
    Our friend is in a logical dilemma. If he states that things can be passed on by observation then his insistence that they are exclusively passed on by actively teaching is false, if he states that they cannot be passed on by observation then clearly he's busted as well, for people learn by observation all the time, children from parents would be a very strong example.
    yet you yourself neatly skirt around your unfortunate (for your argument) earlier use of the word 'know'

How do you pass on what you KNOW. You tell someone.

You can pass on how you live your life (parenting), management style (Clough) lots of other things , by observation.

You pass on what you KNOW by telling someone. By teaching them.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 13:04
    yet you yourself neatly skirt around your unfortunate (for your argument) earlier use of the word 'know'

You can pass on how you live your life (parenting), management style (Clough) lots of other things , by observation.

Its over dude, go home, have a beer, relax, there will be other days.
  8. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 13:06
    [b]sorry i have failed to locate where you actually answered the question that was put to you.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 13:07
    speechless I see, yes yes the march of logic is truly awesome to behold, I agree.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 13:33

Dude are you scared that Middlesbrough will get promoted above Derby?
  11. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 15:57
    All this sound like a fairytale to me...
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 13:08
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    All this sound like a fairytale to me...
    more of a Badgers tail
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 17:51
    more of a Badgers tail
    Same thing.
  14. wherever I am needed
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 17:571 edit
    more of a Badgers tail
    Hi Badge. Thought this was dead and buried ages ago...I know he's your mate, but bloody hell, what a gob sh£te.

Love how he proclaims he has won the argument, to an audience of 1 (himself. fantastic debating skills.)....then does it again. Still no one agreed.

Maybe you could let him know that I ACTIVELY DISLIKE bloody Derby. I hope and pray that 'Boro get promoted above them. I am a Forest fan, where Mr Clough enjoyed by far his best years as a manager. And where he 'passed on what he knew' (apparently by osmosis) to Martin O'Neill

But its all in my profile. If he bothered to read it...
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 21:15
    Hi Badge. Thought this was dead and buried ages ago...I know he's your mate, but bloody hell, what a gob sh£te.

Love how he proclaims he has won the argument, to an audience of 1 (himself. fantastic debating skills.)....then does it again. Still no one agreed.

Maybe you could let him know that I ACTIVELY DISLIKE bloody Derby. I hope and pra ...[text shortened]... arently by osmosis) to Martin O'Neill

But its all in my profile. If he bothered to read it...
    forgive and forget I could and have argued with Robbie about him being a JW but he could give it back because I have no religion so we keep on ground that is comfy for us both and in truth he is a straight up gaddgy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree