1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '19 17:44
    The Obamas have bought, at about half price, a little piece of Martha’s Vineyard for $11+ million. Being the president of the USA must pay well...or was he in cahoots with some foreign leader?🤔
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 01:35
    @great-big-stees said
    The Obamas have bought, at about half price, a little piece of Martha’s Vineyard for $11+ million. Being the president of the USA must pay well...or was he in cahoots with some foreign leader?🤔
    Well, they both have their book income (maybe also income from speaking engagements [or 50-minute lectures, in the case of Professor and former President Elocutious Windbag Obama], plus whatever money came with the Nobel Peace prize (which was given in advance -- too bad for all the innocent people killed as collateral damage during drone strikes), and they are pals with the likes of Sir Richard Branson. So maybe that's how they managed it. Maybe they leveraged some of their socio-political capital, too.

Per Wikipedia: "Since 2001, the president's annual salary has been $400,000, along with a: $50,000 expense allowance; $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 entertainment account."
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 13:20
    @caesar-salad said
    Well, they both have their book income (maybe also income from speaking engagements [or 50-minute lectures, in the case of Professor and former President Elocutious Windbag Obama], plus whatever money came with the Nobel Peace prize (which was given in advance -- too bad for all the innocent people killed as collateral damage during drone strikes), and they are pals with ...[text shortened]... : $50,000 expense allowance; $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 entertainment account."
    I may apply for the job. It sure pays better than what I get as a stipend for many years of work. Oh wait....do you have to be American? Any single American women out there looking for a husband? Oh wait, my partner would likely not go along with this, she's like that eh, so forget it.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 13:26
    @great-big-stees said
    I may apply for the job. It sure pays better than what I get as a stipend for many years of work. Oh wait....do you have to be American? Any single American women out there looking for a husband? Oh wait, my partner would likely not go along with this, she's like that eh, so forget it.
    We are many single women 'out there' but we are not looking for somebody who is already a husband. 🙂
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 14:11
    @torunn said
    We are many single women 'out there' but we are not looking for somebody who is already a husband. 🙂
    Hmmm 🤔 In my experience there are some who like a challenge like that. 😲 😉
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 16:59
    @great-big-stees said
    LOL "Pay for play" is hardly an earth shattering revelation, Stees. Happens all the time with the seasoned "pros" in Washington.
    You can count the uber rich 1%-ers among them all day long
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 17:51
    @great-big-stees said
    Hmmm 🤔 In my experience there are some who like a challenge like that. 😲 😉
    That's an illusion that many men seem to share. 🙂
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 23:262 edits
    All pollies get richer after they leave the job. Just the book and speaker stuff, along with high-paid non-executive-director appearance money and lobbying consultancies. Getting elected is paid apprenticeship for the real career.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 13:12
    @kewpie said
    All pollies get richer after they leave the job. Just the book and speaker stuff, along with high-paid non-executive-director appearance money and lobbying consultancies. Getting elected is paid apprenticeship for the real career.
    Although retired I may just run, starting with our local council, and work my way up the political ladder. Justin, watch out.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 00:25
    @kewpie said
    very true.

But some still hang in their a long time and get rich while in office. Nancy Pelosi with her big wall around her wonderful mansion, Sen Liz Warren, - lots of them, really.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 00:26
    @great-big-stees said
    Although retired I may just run, starting with our local council, and work my way up the political ladder. Justin, watch out.
    I bet you'll get elected, Stees 🙂 Talking is a big part of it.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 02:16
    @great-big-stees said
    Too bad you don't live down here (although I don't recommend it).

In 2024 we'll probably have someone who went straight from president of a home-owners' association to POTUS.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 06:38
    @torunn said
    That's an illusion that many men seem to share. 🙂
    A lot of woman sleeping with married men
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 08:30
    @trev33 said
    A lot of woman sleeping with married men
    They may also have illusions.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 09:53
    @torunn said
    Most of you aren't. Some of you, I fear, are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree