1. Joined
    26 Apr '15
    Moves
    02 May '15 22:34
    I wish I owned cat. Do you wish you owned a cat?
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    02 May '15 23:13
    Originally posted by dominuslatrunculorum
    I wish I owned a cat yesterday... I don't need one today.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 May '15 02:101 edit
    People who name thier cats Schrodinger piss me off.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 May '15 07:161 edit
    I'd like to name mine Bast, but somehow my cats never fit that picture. You can't own cats anyway, they own you.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 May '15 07:35
    Originally posted by vivify
    People who name thier cats Schrodinger piss me off.
    Likewise with people who call The monster of Frankenstein "Frankenstein".
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 May '15 08:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'd like to name mine Bast, but somehow my cats never fit that picture. You can't own cats anyway, they own you.
    I own my can I trained it like a dog!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '15 08:48
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Likewise with people who call The monster of Frankenstein "Frankenstein".
    Or when people imitate it they walk stiff-legged with their arms straight out in front of them.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 May '15 09:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Or when people imitate it they walk stiff-legged with their arms straight out in front of them.
    Exactly. It actually never did that IRL.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '15 09:394 edits
    Exactly. It actually never did that IRL.
    Well it did in Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman actually, but only in that film.

After Karloff dropped the role in 1938 on completion of The Son of Frankenstein, Lon Chaney jnr stepped in for Ghost of Frankenstein. In the plot the monster gets a brain transplant with one of the other dudes in the movie but there is problem with tissue typing or something as the monster goes blind. Carnage immediately ensues and the credits role.

The next movie was Frankie meets Wolfie and Chaney would not allow anyone else to play his cherished Wolfman and so switched roles allowing a hard-up Bela Lugosi to step into the monster role which he had in fact originally turned down years earlier when he was a big star after his success with Dracula in 1931.

Anyway, the plot picks up with the monster being revived and still blind hence the arms out WTF is going on look. As for the stiff legs...well Lugosi wall very tall but not too bulky so wardrobe dressed him in so many layers he found it difficult to walk. In the plot the monster gets an electro-boost and his sight returns (as it does), carnage ensues and the credits role.

Lugosi binned the monster role and died in poverty, buried in his Dracula cape and ring. Glen Strange came to play the monster in the ever decaying series and sort of emulated the Lugosi pose but for no apparent plot reason. The look stayed.

And there you have it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '15 10:16
    In line with the way of the C21st world, and having cherished cats back in the 1970s to the point of making them feel complacent and loved like family members, I now have a more austere and results-driven regime involving something akin to zero-hour contracts with several cats by which they undertake to catch rats for me and eat them during the night hours. What do they get from the deal? Well, technically speaking the rats they eat ~ i.e. their sustenance ~ belong to me: not only do I provide them with work but I also provide them with food and shelter. One could say I'm offering them no chance of career development of course, but then again it's not my fault that they're cats.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 May '15 10:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well it did in Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman actually, but only in that film.

After Karloff dropped the role in 1938 on completion of The Son of Frankenstein, Lon Chaney jnr stepped in for Ghost of Frankenstein. In the plot the monster gets a brain transplant with one of the other dudes in the movie but there is problem with tissue typing or somethin ...[text shortened]... ted the Lugosi pose but for no apparent plot reason. The look stayed.

And there you have it.
    See this is why I come back to this website every now and then.

Now I have a hankering for Hammer films.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '15 10:471 edit
    Now I have a hankering for Hammer films.
    I have copies of Frankenstein 1931 and Son of Frankenstein 1938. The Bride of Frankenstein 1933 was cinematically perfect imo, but I don't like what James Whale (director) did with the monster character and the pathos was just too thick for my horror taste. However the photography, and screen direction is beautiful and there is lots to add to essays on the orginal book with the overt crucifixion symbolism in the scene where the monster is bound to huge stake and the Elsa Lanchester is superb in the final scenes with the Lightning hair and the hissing hate. I preferred The Son of Frankenstein 1938; Rathbone is superb as usual as the 2nd Son of Henrick Von Frankenstein, but for Karloff is tremulous and should have got an Oscar nomination for this or the original in 1931. The return to the mute, maelevelent, huge murdering creature is welcome after the slushy Bride and a bonus is Lugosi's sneering Igor.

Hammer made some greats. I've struggled to find a region 2 version of The Mummy 1959 which is great watch.

🙂
  13. Joined
    26 Apr '15
    Moves
    03 May '15 13:05
    My bird died. It's been tough.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '15 13:59
    My cats eat birds on their days off.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 May '15 16:50
    So why don't you get a cat?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree