10 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 22:561 edit
    ...for every penny that George Lucas owns, I'd be a rich man. 😛
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:59
    Would that be before or after the sex change?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:141 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    If I'm not mistaken, if I had a penny for every George Lucas film I have watched, I'd have no pennies ~ and would have to make do with income from other sources.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    If I'm not mistaken, if I had a penny for every George Lucas film I have watched, I'd have no pennies ~ and would have to make do with income from other sources.
    Now that explains a hell of a lot.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:30
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Would that be before or after the sex change?
    Before, obviously.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:351 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Now that explains a hell of a lot.
    I have never watched a George Lucas film end to end. Not my cup of tea. Same goes for the Harry Potter films.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:492 edits
    I didn't know George Lucas was planning a sex change. I guess you start to run out of things to do between making Star Wars films.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:53
    I didn't know George Lucas was planning a sex change. I guess you start to run out of things to do between making Star Wars films.
    I do have an interest in films directed by women.
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have never watched a George Lucas film end to end. Not my cup of tea. Same goes for the Harry Potter films.
    He's not a patch on Spielberg, of course. But Star Wars is entertaining in it's way, despite the awful recent films. I like what I've seen of Harry Potter (not a complete movie), although I didn't enjoy the book I tried to read (the Philosopher's Stone, I think). But I am told that I would if I gave them a chance.
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    I do have an interest in films directed by women.
    Any in particular? Kathryn Bigelow, for example?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 02:54
    Any in particular? Kathryn Bigelow, for example?
    Take TV series for example [which I watch a lot more of than films]; if I start watching a drama with several [or mostly] well drawn compelling female characters who seem to be portraying interactions which resonate with emotional truth, then I reckon I will find - more often than not - that the series is directed or written by women. I am not saying that men in these production roles cannot produce good drama too. A few film directors that come to mind are Agnès Jaoui, Susanne Bier, Sofia Coppola, Lone Scherfig, Claire Denis, Lucrecia Martel, and Nicole Holofcener. But as I said, I am not an avid film watcher and certainly not an aficionado.
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 03:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Take TV series for example [which I watch a lot more of than films]; if I start watching a drama with several [or mostly] well drawn compelling female characters who seem to be portraying interactions which resonate with emotional truth, then I reckon I will find - more often than not - that the series is directed or written by women. I am not saying that men in ...[text shortened]... Nicole Holofcener. But as I said, I am not an avid film watcher and certainly not an aficionado.
    Being a typical "lumpen male", I have only seen one film by these directors. Must have been too busy watching Bruce Lee and buying Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles merchandise 😉.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 03:15
    Being a typical "lumpen male", I have only seen one film by these directors.
    I am sure some very good films touching upon what it is to be a "lumpen male" have been made. Whether by men or women, I cannot say.

Take the humour of comedienne Amy Schumer, I don't know if you've seen her sketch show. She writes and performs her own material. Regardless of whether one finds her funny or not, I am not sure that you would get the same perspectives aired and made fun of ~ in that particular way ~ if her show were written and directed by men.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 03:33
    If I had a dime for every penny you had, I'd be 10x richer. 😕
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 03:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Get outta here

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree