If the Oil runs out ................

If the Oil runs out ................

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheffield,Yorkshire

Joined
27 Feb 04
Moves
221265
12 Jun 08

Does that mean the Earth will start to Rust and squeak as it turns 😀

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Joined
28 Dec 04
Moves
53260
12 Jun 08

Originally posted by ROGER THE DODGER
Does that mean the Earth will start to Rust and squeak as it turns 😀
Actually, there are repurcussions of oil being drawn out of the ground. Think about it. If you have two metal plates rubbing together, they do it a lot better if there is a layer of oil between them. Same with layers of rocks in the earth. The oil deposits make the slips slide past one another a bit easier and a lot of small earthquakes instead of the energy of compression or expansion building and building and then bursting in one humungus earthquake. The same with water being drawn out of the water table, water is a good lube too. We are doing it to ourselves, just ask the Chinese and the Indonesians about it.

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Joined
28 Sep 04
Moves
9861
12 Jun 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
Actually, there are repurcussions of oil being drawn out of the ground. Think about it. If you have two metal plates rubbing together, they do it a lot better if there is a layer of oil between them. Same with layers of rocks in the earth. The oil deposits make the slips slide past one another a bit easier and a lot of small earthquakes instead of the energ ...[text shortened]... good lube too. We are doing it to ourselves, just ask the Chinese and the Indonesians about it.
Is there any kind of scientific knowledge in your statement?

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Joined
10 Sep 05
Moves
10228
12 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by knightwest
Is there any kind of scientific knowledge in your statement?
no. layers of rock in the ground don't move relative to each other. tectonic plates do.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Joined
28 Jul 04
Moves
80404
12 Jun 08

Originally posted by wormwood
no. layers of rock in the ground don't move relative to each other. tectonic plates do.
Yes, and tectonic plates are resting on molten rock anyway. Certainly well below the depths which you will find oil.

chemist

Linkenheim

Joined
22 Apr 05
Moves
658260
12 Jun 08

...and actually if you look ta a pice of rock in which the oil is absorbed it looks dry...

dsR

Big D

Joined
13 Dec 05
Moves
26380
12 Jun 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
Actually, there are repurcussions of oil being drawn out of the ground. ...
The repercussions are that if we don't do it, we can all live like they did during the U.S. Civil War.

Joined
14 Mar 04
Moves
178424
12 Jun 08

You probably forgot to put the plug back in the oil pan.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Joined
28 Mar 06
Moves
9908
13 Jun 08

Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
The repercussions are that if we don't do it, we can all live like they did during the U.S. Civil War.
you mean we could move to the south and own black men?

m

Joined
23 Mar 06
Moves
20827
13 Jun 08

Originally posted by ROGER THE DODGER
Does that mean the Earth will start to Rust and squeak as it turns 😀
I imagine a huge void in the earth below the middle east...where the oil used to be.
Some day the entire region will collapse upon itself and be destroyed.

😲

m

Joined
23 Mar 06
Moves
20827
13 Jun 08

Originally posted by uzless
you mean we could move to the south and own black men?
It means you have to wear a hoop skirt and eat chitlins for breakfast.
😞