15 Mar '17 20:43
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Okay, but are you married to Tom Hanks?
    I lost him at the terminal... 🙂
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 20:45
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Putting the stuff together is like Lego for grown-ups.
    It helps if you are a little practical and I'm not, so I will have to ask a neighbour for help with a mirror.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:04
    I like IKEA. I have 3 chests of drawers, a double fitted wardrobe, computer chair, 2 beds and I mattress, lots if sofa throws, bedding.......never realised I'd bought so much there.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:18
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I like IKEA. I have 3 chests of drawers, a double fitted wardrobe, computer chair, 2 beds and I mattress, lots if sofa throws, bedding.......never realised I'd bought so much there.
    I have a few things too - couch/sofa, chairs, things for the kitchen and bathroom, lamps etc.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:21
    I never did mange to find my way out. Been an IKEA resident for four years now and am growing tired of meatballs and watching fake televisions.
    Lots of sofas to snooze on though 😛
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:54
    I never did mange to find my way out. Been an IKEA resident for four years now and am growing tired of meatballs and watching fake televisions.
    I sympathise.
    I love most IKEA furnitutre.
    But hate the warehouse shopping experience.
    (Once when I complained in IKEA I was sternly told "This is NOT a shop!!!!" )

Top tip next time you go.
    Leave a trail of breadcrumbs.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 22:41
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I sympathise.
    I love most IKEA furnitutre.
    But hate the warehouse shopping experience.
    (Once when I complained in IKEA I was sternly told "This is NOT a shop!!!!" )

Top tip next time you go.
    Leave a trail of breadcrumbs.
    A friend of mine had 3 little girls. She found it a great place to take them on a winter weekend when it was too cold and wet to enjoy the outdoors. They could run around, try out the furniture and beds, get fed and then get taken home tired and relaxed and ready to settle for the evening.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by Torunn
    This topic usually divides people in two groups - those who like it and those who hate it, you seldom find people who are indifferent. There may be those too of course, but I don't know of any. I belong to the group of people who like it - I think it's smart shopping. I happen to dislike shopping and when I shop, I do it because I have to. And today I had to ...[text shortened]... ten.
    There may not be any more posts in this thread - I just felt like saying it: I like IKEA!
    I like IKEA but she talks too much and I can't stand her mother.

I reckon that makes me indifferent. 😕
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 01:58
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Putting the stuff together is like Lego for grown-ups.
    That's not just IKEA anymore. I ordered a table and chairs from Wayfair and it came from China and I had to put it together, too.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 02:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's not just IKEA anymore. I ordered a table and chairs from Wayfair and it came from China and I had to put it together, too.
    But assembling IKEA stuff has the same satisfying "click" of quality as two Lego bricks joining..
    Other flat-packs rarely achieve that level.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 03:07
    4 years... have your appiled for your Ikea passport yet so you can represent them in the retail Olympics?
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 09:23
    Originally posted by Trev33
    4 years... have your appiled for your Ikea passport yet so you can represent them in the retail Olympics?
    Yes, yes I have. (My chosen discipline is Sofa Bed Trampolining).
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 11:06
    Yes, yes I have. (My chosen discipline is Sofa Bed Trampolining).
    drewnogal's friend may have something to say about that!!
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 14:401 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    drewnogal's friend may have something to say about that!!
    You all might be in love with IKEA but here is a report of how they treat their truck drivers:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ikea-lorry-drivers-living-in-trucks-paid-less-than-3-an-hour-a7631086.html

It seems they hire drivers from say Lithuania, pay them the going rate there then ship them to Western Europe, Italy, France, Spain, Germany and so forth, where the minimum wage is 5 times higher but still they keep paying them the Eastern European pay scale even though those drivers have to live in places like Germany where the cost of living is way higher than the Eastern Euro nations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree