General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    07 Mar '14 14:24
    Back to Montreal if their city council passes a plan, by newly elected mayor Denis Coderre, to allow bars to stay open till 6 a.m. instead of the current 3 a.m.
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    07 Mar '14 15:02
    Can you explain this further - why does it make you upset?
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    07 Mar '14 15:07
    Originally posted by lolof
    Can you explain this further - why does it make you upset?
    Upset? No, no my dear it's an extention of their (Montrealer's) drinking time. Here the bars close at 1 a.m....sooo unworldly. "😉 When I was tranfered to Ontario from Quebec they (Torontonians) almost literally rolled up the sidewalks at 11 p.m. which was the time I finished work at the time.
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    07 Mar '14 15:442 edits
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Upset? No, no my dear it's an extention of their (Montrealer's) drinking time. Here the bars close at 1 a.m....sooo unworldly. "😉 When I was tranfered to Ontario from Quebec they (Torontonians) almost literally rolled up the sidewalks at 11 p.m. which was the time I finished work at the time.
    This was how Swedes respond - always trying to make things a bit more difficult, especially drinking... 🙂
  5. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Joined
    12 Mar '04
    Moves
    10441
    07 Mar '14 16:46
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Here the bars close at 1 a.m...."😉
    Let's see the right wingers blame this one on the Liberals.
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    10128
    07 Mar '14 18:17
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Upset? No, no my dear it's an extention of their (Montrealer's) drinking time. Here the bars close at 1 a.m....sooo unworldly. "😉 When I was tranfered to Ontario from Quebec they (Torontonians) almost literally rolled up the sidewalks at 11 p.m. which was the time I finished work at the time.
    Wouldn't it be better if people spent the nights in bed instead of some bar. They could start drinking earlier...
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    08 Mar '14 11:22
    Originally posted by lolof
    Wouldn't it be better if people spent the nights in bed instead of some bar. They could start drinking earlier...
    I'm pretty sure the majority would. 🙂
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    08 Mar '14 12:291 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Back to Montreal if their city council passes a plan, by newly elected mayor Denis Coderre, to allow bars to stay open till 6 a.m. instead of the current 3 a.m.
    yeah I used to live right next to Glasgow University, damn drunken students signing Indie songs at 4am in the morning! I moved back to a village at the foot of the Campsie Hills called Lennoxtown, the main street is about half a mile long and has five pubs on it, moe fights and squabbles, if you go further out into the countryside, the pubs officially close about 1 AM, but its not unheard of for the barman to lock the door and proclaim it a private function! Many a farmer has lost his way home i bet.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    08 Mar '14 12:33
    Originally posted by lolof
    Wouldn't it be better if people spent the nights in bed instead of some bar. They could start drinking earlier...
    Or not needing to go to a bar at all. That said, the dude works night shift so 1 AM is like 1 PM to everyone else.
  10. old pueblo
    Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    12696
    11 Mar '14 02:22
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Back to Montreal if their city council passes a plan, by newly elected mayor Denis Coderre, to allow bars to stay open till 6 a.m. instead of the current 3 a.m.
    I kept thinking you were the hotel guy in like Florida. I don't know how my brain did that. Now I'm going to go nuts trying to remember his name.

    If the mayor doesn't change the bar hours, just go drinking at his house.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    11 Mar '14 11:501 edit
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    I kept thinking you were the hotel guy in like Florida. I don't know how my brain did that. Now I'm going to go nuts trying to remember his name.

    If the mayor doesn't change the bar hours, just go drinking at his house.
    Oh I'm well past the days of drinking till all hours. I was thinking more along the lines of a business opportunity. Now I just have to think of which kind of business although I have a few in mind.
    Was it Jimmy Buffett?
  12. Joined
    12 Dec '13
    Moves
    28350
    11 Mar '14 11:58
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    I kept thinking you were the hotel guy in like Florida. I don't know how my brain did that. Now I'm going to go nuts trying to remember his name.

    If the mayor doesn't change the bar hours, just go drinking at his house.
    KJCavalier
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97169
    11 Mar '14 12:04
    Originally posted by Merlion
    KJCavalier
    He's a hotelier?😲
  14. Joined
    12 Dec '13
    Moves
    28350
    11 Mar '14 12:091 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    He's a hotelier?😲
    he was, maybe still is - been years since we talked
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526188
    11 Mar '14 13:05
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Back to Montreal if their city council passes a plan, by newly elected mayor Denis Coderre, to allow bars to stay open till 6 a.m. instead of the current 3 a.m.
    ...and I thought that this was a chess thread.
Back to Top