In Honour of Swedes

In Honour of Swedes

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Oct 13

Originally posted by lolof
Translation is so important, and there must be a rhythm in the text - not too many long, heavy words at least not in fiction, in my opinion. Indridason's books are appreciated and are sold in millions of copies over the world. I haven't read any of his books.
Maybe you would like a book by the Swedish writers Roslund & Hellström - the one I have is "Three seconds", very good.
As always, I will try on your recommendation.

l

Moves
01 Oct 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
As always, I will try on your recommendation.
Hope you will like it

Green Boots Cave

Moves
02 Oct 13

The Swedish make lots of very good TV crime films.
Kommissar Beck
The Wallander series especially when Rolf Lassgård played Wallander.
Verdict Revised (Oskyldigt dömd) with Mikael Persbrandt.
The Millenium Trilogy.Stieg Larsson.
The Bridge - Transit in den Tod.(Bron)

l

Moves
02 Oct 13

Originally posted by biffo konker
The Swedish make lots of very good TV crime films.
Kommissar Beck
The Wallander series especially when Rolf Lassgård played Wallander.
Verdict Revised (Oskyldigt dömd) with Mikael Persbrandt.
The Millenium Trilogy.Stieg Larsson.
The Bridge - Transit in den Tod.(Bron)
Glad you appreciate them 🙂
Kommissarie Beck and Stieg Larsson are my favourites.

Green Boots Cave

Moves
02 Oct 13

Glad you appreciate them 🙂
Kommissarie Beck and Stieg Larsson are my favourites.
I like Gunvald in Beck.He is so politically incorrect in almost every way but I can't help liking him.

l

Moves
02 Oct 13

I like Gunvald in Beck.He is so politically incorrect in almost every way but I can't help liking him.
Yes, you can't help loving him - he's, like you say, so bad-mannered, disrespectful of everyone and everything, and totally without self-control. He's my favourite in these films and - of course - Beck's neighbour. 🙂

Green Boots Cave

Moves
02 Oct 13

Yes, you can't help loving him - he's, like you say, so bad-mannered, disrespectful of everyone and everything, and totally without self-control. He's my favourite in these films and - of course - Beck's neighbour. 🙂
He is another great character.It's hard to decide if I would want to live next to him or not.Would you? I don't think Beck is always sure.
I watched ' Popular musik from Vittula' a few weeks ago.Have you watched it? I enjoyed it.It gives a very good insight to life in rural Sweden. 😉

l

Moves
02 Oct 13
3 edits

He is another great character.It's hard to decide if I would want to live next to him or not.Would you? I don't think Beck is always sure.
I watched ' Popular musik from Vittula' a few weeks ago.Have you watched it? I enjoyed it.It gives a very good insight to life in rural Sweden. 😉
I have read the book and yes, I think it's very humorous and gives a pretty good picture of what it is like living so far north of Sweden (and Finland too, I would guess). They drink an awful lot of home-made 'brännvin' and no wonder, hardly any summer at all, hardly any people.
Beck's neighbour is a great character, living the same life all the time in solitude. Did you see the part where he said he was going to move and made a big deal about a new life, changing habits, accepting new challenges etc etc. Turned out he was only moving downstairs. 🙂

For those of you who would like to read the novel written by Mikael Niemi the title is 'Popular Music from Vittula'.

Green Boots Cave

Moves
02 Oct 13

I have read the book and yes, I think it's very humorous and gives a pretty good picture of what it is like living so far north of Sweden (and Finland too, I would guess). They drink an awful lot of home-made 'brännvin' and no wonder, hardly any summer at all, hardly any people.
Beck's neighbour is a great character, living the same life all the time in soli ...[text shortened]... would like to read the novel written by Mikael Niemi the title is 'Popular Music from Vittula'.
Yes, I do remember that episode.I don't remember if Beck was happy or not though.
Have you read any of the Beck books?

l

Moves
02 Oct 13

Yes, I do remember that episode.I don't remember if Beck was happy or not though.
Have you read any of the Beck books?
I have seen many of the films. Kommissare Beck is not a happy man, he's lonely.