1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 00:04
    Day 2. Today we did nothing. The most noteworthy event was a ninety - minute encounter with two Indians bearing hot stones, and with avowed intent to reach deep inside our musculature. This apparently is called a 'massage', which we were expected to pay for, and which rather left one feeling as though one had been hit by a truck, but in a good way, I think....
    This resort has 24 rooms, and currently less than half that number of guests. It is the very epitome of quietude and relaxation, and what with the massage and all I think at one point I achieved a state of Zen - like calm and tranquility, and a sense of oneness with the universe. That was just before I started climbing the walls, and in order to placate my need to embark on less spiritual activities. the beloved one has booked us an exclusive overnight stay on a houseboat, whence we will tour the lake, taking in various places of cultural and natural interest. We depart at twelve noon today.
    Elephant encounters to date; zero. One must see to this by the weekend, in order that the holiday continue in harmonious fashion. I'll let you know how the boat trip goes....
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 10:00
    @indonesia-phil said
    Day 2. Today we did nothing. The most noteworthy event was a ninety - minute encounter with two Indians bearing hot stones, and with avowed intent to reach deep inside our musculature. This apparently is called a 'massage', which we were expected to pay for, and which rather left one feeling as though one had been hit by a truck, but in a good way, I think....
    This re ...[text shortened]... order that the holiday continue in harmonious fashion. I'll let you know how the boat trip goes....
    The older I get the more I appreciate how I feel rather than what I experience.
    Enjoy your holiday!
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 13:02
    @Indonesia-Phil
    You really make it sound interesting, I'm looking forward to the rest.
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    12 Mar '19 14:03
    you must bathe in the Ganges and take a sip or two
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Mar '19 05:32
    Days 3 and 4. This is better. An afternoon, overnight and the next morning cruising the lakes and backwaters of Kerala, and our first meaningful encounters with the locals. Awoke this morning moored on the lakeside, early morning mist, kingfishers everywhere, eagles diving about for their breakfast and local people making for the padi - fields. We live in darkest Indonesia, so any place we go has to be fairly out - there in order to register on the magic - scale, but yesterday the magic began.
    We travel light, hand - luggage only, so we can't take much back with us, but yesterday the beloved one bought one of those small boxes that you have to remove bits of and slide other bits across in order to open them, the point being that the box is beautifully carved in the shape of an elephant; the hint has been duly taken. Tomorrow we leave the hotel at 5.30am for a National Wildlife Park, so expectations are running high.....
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Mar '19 12:16
    Keep the updates coming, sounds interesting so far.

-VR
  7. Joined
    28 Feb '19
    Moves
    14 Mar '19 14:33
    Women from India are gorgeous.
    Pics please.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '19 16:30
    Day 5. I think, although I'm starting to lose count...Anyway today for the first time we headed landward from the hotel, and made for the hills to the upland National Park. It's a long way but fortunately our driver was akin to a Formula 1 driver on speed, so we made good time and were fortunate enough to encounter monkeys, deer, wild - pigs, buffalo and so on, and can also strike elephants from the 'to do' list. Apparently there are also tigers there, but the chances of encountering those in this park are vanishingly small, so we pin our hopes on Jaipur in our third week.
    So now we kick back for a couple of days and retreat back into the retreat, which is what it's there for, after all, and depart the day after tomorrow by means of a short domestic flight to our next destination. I'll be back if and when things get interesting again....
  9. Joined
    28 Feb '19
    Moves
    14 Mar '19 16:41
    Dammit he forgot my pics.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '19 22:23
    @rowin-side said
    Dammit he forgot my pics.
    I've got some pictures of elephants, and one of a rare duck, but that's not really going to do it for you, is it? Wild pigs....? Okay, forget it.
  11. Joined
    28 Feb '19
    Moves
    14 Mar '19 22:27
    LoL I'm jealous.
    I want to go to India!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 15:41
    @indonesia-phil said
    Days 3 and 4. This is better. An afternoon, overnight and the next morning cruising the lakes and backwaters of Kerala, and our first meaningful encounters with the locals. Awoke this morning moored on the lakeside, early morning mist, kingfishers everywhere, eagles diving about for their breakfast and local people making for the padi - fields. We live in darkest Indon ...[text shortened]... row we leave the hotel at 5.30am for a National Wildlife Park, so expectations are running high.....
    I think Kerala is the state they made chess a state game, thousands of players, you might run into some of them.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '19 22:47
    @indonesia-phil said
    Days 3 and 4. This is better. An afternoon, overnight and the next morning cruising the lakes and backwaters of Kerala, and our first meaningful encounters with the locals. Awoke this morning moored on the lakeside, early morning mist, kingfishers everywhere, eagles diving about for their breakfast and local people making for the padi - fields. We live in darkest Indon ...[text shortened]... row we leave the hotel at 5.30am for a National Wildlife Park, so expectations are running high.....
    Kerala, finally after two pages we know where exactly where are you and what a lovely place it is. Enjoy, have a masala dosa for me 🙂
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 00:29
    @trev33 said
    Kerala, finally after two pages we know where exactly where are you and what a lovely place it is. Enjoy, have a masala dosa for me 🙂
    Sorry, I'm a bit foggy on details sometimes....
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 11:02
    @indonesia-phil said
    Sorry, I'm a bit foggy on details sometimes....
    Will you go to Jaisalmer as well? Overnight camel safari there was one of my highlights in India. Jaipur is nice to, maybe you can do a similar thing from there im not sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree