1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 18:12
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    you europeans,
    you are so genteel and civilized...
    heckfire,
    you folks even make canadians look like pigs rolling in the mud...
    And Swedes especially are very particular about the way you should behave as a dinner guest - many things to keep in mind... 🙂 We generally expect punctuality (I speak for my generation now, born in the 40-50s). We take our shoes off and preferably replace with an extra pair before entering the dining- or livingroom. Within three days afterwards, we call or SMS or e-mail our "thanks for latest" (tack för senast).
    I must say I would prefer (like the English do) - and I normally say - 'ish such as 7ish or 8ish in my invitation, it is generous and welcoming.
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 18:29
    tack för senast...
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 18:33
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    tack för senast...
    Tack själv! 🙂
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Apr '18 21:56
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    What about the access to it?
    Hey, sorry, um. Just talking about a library. Best thing in our world! Roads and plastic are pretty cool too.
  5. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 05:08
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Hey, sorry, um. Just talking about a library. Best thing in our world! Roads and plastic are pretty cool too.
    Aren't libraries on the downpath with people not erading books so much anymore.

But there is nothing like reading a real book. E-Books don't cut it for me.

The access to information becomes more and more difficult since you have to know what you are looking for in the first place to get good infromation or be prepared to make a long tour into the unknown.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 May '18 09:31
    Originally posted by @torunn
    And Swedes especially are very particular about the way you should behave as a dinner guest - many things to keep in mind... 🙂 We generally expect punctuality (I speak for my generation now, born in the 40-50s). We take our shoes off and preferably replace with an extra pair before entering the dining- or livingroom. Within three days afterwards, we call or ...[text shortened]... - and I normally say - 'ish such as 7ish or 8ish in my invitation, it is generous and welcoming.
    I say dinner at 8. Come as early as you like.
    But after 8 is rude.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree